Slow down a plant from growing

Darknight420710

I know this sounds absoloutely absurd but hoe do I stop a plant from growing out of control 

I broke a branch from a previous grow and saved her. She's a great health mandarin panties from seedstockers 

I've stuck her in a 20L pot as I hope to keep her on a long veg until late September and then flower for Xmas smoke. 

The problem I have is she's fecking large and I'm no just talking big... she's in a 20L pot so that itself has a diameter of 18" and from opposite ends from L to R she's nearly 3ft wide. I'm growing her horizontal and tying her flat but I'm now getting branches on branches within branches and ive no idea what to do. 

Is it possible to really slow down growth, she's only under 90w

Thanks 

large.Screenshot_20230512-114846_Gallery.jpglarge.20230512_114710.jpg

Edited by Darknight420710
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, blerie420 said:

Like ratdog said. Show her who's boss lol

"Who wears the trousers in this relationship?!"

• Like 5

Thanks for all your comments, I didn't think about cutting her back.

What confuses me is every single stem has staggered internodes, so if I was to top I'd only be cutting the end of a staggered internode off. It's not like the main stem where 2 branches are coming off identically opposite. So I'm no sure if it can be topped for more buds.

Advice appreciated and if it can be done then where do I actually cut?

Thanks 

It'll still bush on those branches. When you top you remove auxin hormone, which inhibits the growth of the lower branches. That's why they grow xmas tree shaped when not topped. 

Edited by catweazle1