Are these lights any good

tranlands

Hello everyone,

I’ve been given a Viperspectra xs1000 and a spectra G220,the mate who gave me them, couldn’t tell me anything about them, except, that the one with the % dial is good for seedlings,cuttings and getting plants started in life,and the G220 for veg/bloom.

I am intending to start a grow in the next couple of months.I shall be using a 1x1x2 tent for veg/bloom and a 60x60x1.6 for babies.

If lights are good to use,are they viable for the space I’m going to be using?

I would be very grateful for any advice,thanks….

• Like 2

Hi

I use a Viperspectra p1000 pro with % dial in my little 60x60x140 tent, and it's great, started my seedlings on 25% for about a week then up to 50% for the veg stage, now on 100% and waiting for flower stage. So the Viperspectra xs1000 is a good light if anything like mine.

As for the spectra G220, I don't know this light, so can't comment on it.

Getting them free was a bit of good luck, they're not cheap. :)

good luck on grow :hippy:

• Like 4

I'd say you'd need another spectra g220 or light similar to cover your 1mx1m tent in flower. It would be fine for veg though. The other light will be fine for a 60x60.

• Like 4

The Viparspectra will be fine for seedlings/cuttings/veg over 0.6x06. 

The G220 covers 0.6x1.2 in flower. 

Full information for both fixtures online. 

• Like 4

Thanks so much for your help fellers,might look into getting another g220 or a 0.6x1.2 tent,whichever’s cheaper as moneys a bit tight at the moment..

Again thanx..

• Like 1

17 hours ago, KC said:

I'd say you'd need another spectra g220 or light similar to cover your 1mx1m tent in flower. It would be fine for veg though. The other light will be fine for a 60x60.

Would I be able to put the xs1000 with the g220 together for the bloom period? 

6 hours ago, tranlands said:

s1000 with the g220

I think it would still be slightly underlit. You could always try it though and see if you're happy with it. 

• Like 1