CMH over a 2x2 area.

GreenVision

Hi all. I'll be getting a budget 2x2m tent in a few weeks to replace the 1.2 x 2.4 I'm currently in to see through the summer months before going into the new loft room in autumn, I'm on the fence about four 315w CMH being enough to flower that 2x2m area?

I know for sure it'll work, but to what end, will the results of four CMH in that area warrant its space? 

If anyone has done a 1x1m with a single 315w CMH or 1x2m with a pair of 315w CMH's I'd be grateful for a Diary link, would make a really informative read for me. 

I've used CMH for years but usually with a Mix of 1000w HPS or in different size tents where I just went OTT rather than trying to dial in a good CMH only setup.

After growing pretty much solid for well over 10 years now I know CMH are where I want to be so its time to go all in. 

Thanks. 

I don’t think it’ll light it well enough really. 

75cm squared is optimal for those lights. 

I’ve done small grows in a 90cm tent and find the second light is really needed in flower as 1 just doesn’t have the reach. 1m sq would be even worse. 

I use 16 in a 3m square space, that’s 75cm per light, if using 2x2 I’d be using 9 for sure. 

• Like 1

I've done one in a 1 x1 with decent results. Also in a 1.2 x 1.2 but with 2 x 45w L.E.D. lights as supplementary. Better in the 1m tent though.

I think what you're thinking would be sufficient in that size space 

• Like 1

I've done one in a 1x1 too. Reached the g/w with 4 autos.

Edited by purepotstill