Gorse as mulch/ariel cover

Punk#1

Wasn't sure where to post so started a new thread, I'm bad for that I know.. But can gorse - either dead of alive be used as mulch? Think of putting a layer of dead or small chopped up gorse branches and gorse needles over the top of my compost (in pots) mainly to keep things looking more natural from the eyes in the skies, Recent posts got me thinking more and getting more para about ariel viewing due to my OCD nature/physics/symmetry plant spacing requirements

How's the PH of gorse? Would it have any negative effects on my compost?

Ta x

31 minutes ago, B-real said:

I dunno but it's great for wiping your arse

This actually reminds me of a time I was out on a walk in the middle of the night around the village, fucked out my face on something or other and decided to take a shit behind a bush, Couldn't see as it was dark as fuck and wiped my arse with the closest leaf-feeling material at hand..

My arsehole was burning for weeks afterwards

True story

• Like 4

My mate drunk the bong water at 4 am or thereabouts full of burnt baccy balls .

Ecstasy ellova drug

OK on a serious note. The gorse ime isn't great you need a lot and then the yellow kernals grow so easy, idk after a 2 years it's composted just about .

If I was u I'd use cardboard or newspaper first then scrape dead vegation over that .

But the mulch part would be better to start with paper/cardboard. 

2 hours ago, B-real said:

OK on a serious note. The gorse ime isn't great you need a lot and then the yellow kernals grow so easy, idk after a 2 years it's composted just about .

If I was u I'd use cardboard or newspaper first then scrape dead vegation over that .

But the mulch part would be better to start with paper/cardboard. 

Ah yeah drinking the bong water.. Does that still happens these days lmao

Good idea, got plenty of cardboard to mulch!

Cheers!

Yeah gorse would work to an extent, but what you really want is more leafy, green material or forest floor/ leaf litter. 

• Like 2

I suppose the one good thing gorse could be used for is deterring wandering folk from your plot :)

• Like 2

@Hashslag true that ! In Africa the tribal villagers use thorny bracken to keep out predators it only makes sence us gorrilaz use it to keep out any predators.

The plant the precious plant!