Surf fishing

*DJ*

Been out yesterday, treated mysrl to a nice 13ft beachcaster and reel, stung a bit, not to much  lol anyways i thought if just get the single set, see how it is for a few weeks, then if its what im after, il get another set, im packed, just about to roll a few, and im off to hit the midnight high tide, il het a snap or two while im up there, fooking buzzing, first time out this yr, 

Whoop whoop..

DJ..

• Like 11

Il hold my hands up now, lol off i went happy as larry, walked round the corner onto the beach, fooking tide was on its way out, :doh:missed it by ages, hour maybe more, i sat on a rock smoked a j, laughed at mysel for being a fooking stoned idiot, and went home, lucky its only 200yrds :wassnnme:

Tbh, it wasnt all me being a bit foggy headed, iv looked at the tides times thismorning, in a few differnt places, including the ever reliable willys, theres not 2 the same ffs, lol anyways, im off in a bit, il work it out mysel, fook the internet, 

Just one whoop thismorning,

DJ...

• Like 8

tides are mucked up a bit dude, every 4 years? they get shirty then back to normal again.. 

neap last week, better this week and beyond 

:yinyang:

• Like 1

Had a few knocks, nothing to srike at though, im not the biggest fan of fishing daytime tides, im going to have a hr or 2 sleep, and go again later, high tide should be about 11 half past, going by thismornings high tide, was high to, it came right to the foot of my tripod, and i was well up the beach, anyways......

Heres a picture of a nice old boat...

large.20230505_161944.jpg

DJ.....

• Like 10

Amazing looking boat!

The sea is amazingly calm on that picture mate,funny...I always used to cast as far as I could when beach fishing.

One day I was sat catching fuck all (the usual for me on a beach) and the gut next to me was catching near every cast!!

Obviously I sloped down to pick his brains.

He was casting between the 3rd and 4th breaker,so not far at all.

He said he thinks the roll of the waves churns up the bottom releasing the morsels the fish feed on and I was casting over the feeding zone into 'dead water'

He also said the bigger the waves the better the fishing but I don't like being cold,wet and windy these days!!

I catching more closer in for sure.

Tight lines mate

Edited by stu sleeper 20vt
Cos I couldn't spell breaker
  • Like 2

@stu sleeper 20vt

2 rods, one out far and another in close to cover all evetualities.

I was wading in to cast last summer and there were sea trout around my feet at 5 feet out. Bass love the breakers too.

• Like 2

See a good boat today, needed a skull and x swards or something like that, but othwise quite piratesque, 

large.20230507_115205.jpg

And had my first fish on my new rod and reel.. :D

large.IMG-20230507-WA0000.jpg

Had more crabs than.....  erh......  some one with lots if crabs, but got my fish at last..

Whoop whoop..

DJ...

• Like 5

On 06/05/2023 at 2:16 PM, stu sleeper 20vt said:

Amazing looking boat!

The sea is amazingly calm on that picture mate,

Tight lines mate

It either calm like that, or, coming at ya from all directions like this  @stu sleeper 20vt...

large.VideoCapture_20230308-222303.jpg

lol

DJ...

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Biokid said:

@*DJ*

I hope you put that undersized Bass back.

I put everything back, im a angler not a hunter, :yep:

DJ...

• Like 3

Just now, *DJ* said:

I put everything back, im a angler not a hunter, :yep:

DJ...

Same….although I’ve spent all my 46 yrs on the inland waters chasing big tench and carp which is my no1 passion. Currently part living on a narrowboat and exploring the canal network hunting out those rare fish

Beats sitting at home on the sofa by a mile

tight lines I’ll be following

• Like 1

Iv been carping 40yr, i moved from romford, the sea is 200yrds from my house here, and the nearest 30s/40s water is a half hr drive, though id see what i can catch, so far iv had wrass, eels, whiting, dogs, smothhound, rays and bass here, no size, but i enjoy it, 

DJ...

• Like 1

what rig do you use for bass and whiting @*DJ* 

I occasionally sea spin using lures, jig heads, but want to get into floating for laziness!

just got a zebco pier rod, it’s tiny lol but thinking perfect for dangling from kayak for mackerel 

:yinyang:

• Like 1