8 Week old Auto Not flowering?

jimineycricket

Hi ,

I have an autoflower growing indoors in a tent.

Its 8 weeks old today.

Still not a pistil in sight.

Sweet Seeds Sweet Nurse Auto CBD

Marketed as harvest at 8 weeks not that I give claims like that much credit. 

Many of the diaries I searched online started flower at week 4 /5 .

It looks healthy and happy.

Should I just keep hoping a little longer or is it time to intervene?

Is it possible I was sold a photo by mistake?

Your thoughts appreciated.

• Like 1

It is possible you have a photo mate 8 weeks does seem a little late but at least you must have a nice size plant to flower now good luck mate 

Got an auto at 4 weeks. i was hoping for being further on (Northern) she still small, i think. Keep going every plant is different. :)

Sometimes they just need a little encouragement mate    Sweet Nurse is actually a decent one , ran her a few times in the garden but never indoors.       

It is poss shes been mistakenly packaged ,  swap the light timings and she should come to life :yep:

I do often find the ones that dont want to auto , much like mutants,  tends to throw something special out :george:

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, OldFord said:

Sometimes they just need a little encouragement mate    Sweet Nurse is actually a decent one , ran her a few times in the garden but never indoors.       

It is poss shes been mistakenly packaged ,  swap the light timings and she should come to life :yep:

I do often find the ones that dont want to auto , much like mutants,  tends to throw something special out :george:

Thanks for the positivity , I'll give her a last few days then go 12 12

Do you know by any chance if I need to slowly work up to light cycle or can I just switch to 12 hours of darkness straight away?

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, jimineycricket said:

Thanks for the positivity , I'll give her a last few days then go 12 12

Do you know by any chance if I need to slowly work up to light cycle or can I just switch to 12 hours of darkness straight away?

Give her dark for up to 36hrs , then 12/12 light schedule to induce flowering.

We need a photograph to help really mate.  Lots of things like low light levels, cold etc can stall a plant.

What lights, temps and environment you got there?

Edited by CheechChongReturns
  • Like 4

I'll get some pictures up .

Light is a 65watt at under 50 per cent in a tiny tent 1 foot by 1 foot by 3

Temps 25 degrees in or around

Rh 60%

Plant looks healthy , bushy , happy to my novice eyes. Just not flowering.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, CheechChongReturns said:

Give her dark for up to 36hrs , then 12/12 light schedule to induce flowering.

We need a photograph to help really mate.  Lots of things like low light levels, cold etc can stall a plant.

What lights, temps and environment you got there?

That's the plant.

Light is a 65watt at under 50 per cent in a tiny tent 1 foot by 1 foot by 3

Temps 25 degrees in or around

Rh 60%

Have successfully grown an auto in this tent once already.

Looks very short but there's a lot of LST going on beneath those leaves. I reckon untrained it would stand 2x that height.

So I Guess Im trying to decide. Treat it like a Photo and Flip it. Or hang on in there for a while longer. What would you all do here?

large.plant2.jpg

Edited by jimineycricket
  • Like 1

I got some theories I'm working on about metabolism and flowering.  The theory in short . Low light and/or low temps slow down the metabolism of the plant . Meaning it takes longer to reach puberty. 

You could try increasing the light intensity  . 32W ain't a lot . I'd suggest either increasing the light to 80% and monitor or treat it as a photo and try flip it. 

I've completely stunted autos before but they have always flowered on schedule to the point where I once grew a bong rip on a lollipop stick. I'm not sure a bad start effects flowering or not.