How close should maxibright t5 be to seedlings?

Hole in the clouds

I have em with about a rizla packet thickness between the plants and light .be on your guard tho as a night can make the difference of burning your leaves if you’ve not raised it.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, ratdog said:

you can get them pretty damn close, just don't let them touch

14 minutes ago, Devon Cream said:

I have em with about a rizla packet thickness between the plants and light .be on your guard tho as a night can make the difference of burning your leaves if you’ve not raised it.

Oh ok then I don’t need to worry then! Cheers!

I've found that it depends on the time of year....in winter you can get the T5 nice and close without burning, but in summer I have to keep it further away to avoid burning.

• Like 1
17 hours ago, cypher79 said:

I've found that it depends on the time of year....in winter you can get the T5 nice and close without burning, but in summer I have to keep it further away to avoid burning.

in any month....just do not let the leaves toutch the t5 glass....

• 3 months later...

As close as possible without burning them.

If it's too hot for your hand, it's too hot for the plants. You'll be surprised at how close you can get them with a good breeze going underneath.