Anyone tried platinum kush breath remix

brock1

I just got some of these to try but can't find much on them. Anyone tried this strain by inhouse yet?

Hopefully I can find a nice mother to play with from them but would like a little more info on them. :hippy:

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Fatboy77 said:

Grown jelly breath, none of the platinum line.  Really liked a couple of the jellies.

Fucking wild variety if plants though, I don't mind that personally, better chance of finding gems imo.

Did you get any hermi problems? Its one of the things that puts me off inhouse seeds because I have heard mixed reviews. They seem to all herm or none. Bit off putting if your buying their newer stuff. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Shumroom said:

I believe that @Fatboy77 has run some IHG stuff,

can’t recall reading the strain name except @McHazy has something that sounds similar.

Atb

:yinyang:

Platinum Garlic I run :yep:

Tho my boy has just had to bin off a Platinum Kush Breath three weeks into flower due to a major case ay the hermie

• Like 4

8 hours ago, McHazy said:

Platinum Garlic I run :yep:

Tho my boy has just had to bin off a Platinum Kush Breath three weeks into flower due to a major case ay the hermie

I heard its common in their lines with GG#4 in. I watched a video meet the breeder on YouTube and his explanation of what a hermi is was terrible. He pretty much said if your grow good the seeds you make won't hermie which blow my mind he said he as 24yr of growing & dosent understand that hermaphrodite is genetic and plant need stress testing :bangin: but other than that he seemed a sound guy with lot of good genetics so figured its worth a try. Hopefully I don't get 10 hermie plants from the remix because their in damp kitchen roll now. To be honest they looked a little gray and under ripe. I would say snide but their from attitude and have the scratch strip on the packet ect to prove otherwise. 

• Like 3

I did run plenty of platinum crosses. It is one of the stable ones from ihg but I saw some hermies here and there. Stretch around x3, beautiful plants but boring high. Ogkb should bring some power to it. Check riu forum, i know some growers from there running PKB and pkbr in rotation. 

• Like 1

I been running the same cut of the Platinum Garlic for 2-3 years now I think and it has gotten stressed to fuck an back wi me an never one hermie :yep:

So aye a bit ay a crapshoot it seems lol

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

@brock1 I ran a pack last year, only 5 seeds, with variation between the five, one earthy/aniseed kush, two had the gassy/rose hip kush smell, two others had quite a distinct and unique terp profile/smell which I never managed to articulate into something specific, it was one of those "what is that smell?" you know, you've smelt it before, you just cant (or I couldn't) put a name to it.

Structure was typical og kush with large/long/leggy internodal spacing though they didn't get too tall as some can. No hermies.  Stone was pretty average on 4 of them, one was a bit stronger but on the whole pretty unmemorable if im honest and the yield was terrible. You might get lucky on your pack but my experience sort of put me off IHG especially given the price of the seeds and after speaking to a few buddies who have run a few different strains of theirs confirmed that my experience was about right and they were not to impressed either. Good luck!

Edited by nigelpotter
  • Like 3

• 6 months later...
On 17/05/2023 at 10:20 PM, nigelpotter said:

@brock1 I ran a pack last year, only 5 seeds, with variation between the five, one earthy/aniseed kush, two had the gassy/rose hip kush smell, two others had quite a distinct and unique terp profile/smell which I never managed to articulate into something specific, it was one of those "what is that smell?" you know, you've smelt it before, you just cant (or I couldn't) put a name to it.

Structure was typical og kush with large/long/leggy internodal spacing though they didn't get too tall as some can. No hermies.  Stone was pretty average on 4 of them, one was a bit stronger but on the whole pretty unmemorable if im honest and the yield was terrible. You might get lucky on your pack but my experience sort of put me off IHG especially given the price of the seeds and after speaking to a few buddies who have run a few different strains of theirs confirmed that my experience was about right and they were not to impressed either. Good luck!

That's pretty much exactly what I got only i have found a few late hermi plant & a lot of shit mutations. As u say smells I have no idea but I have smelt it before. Grow again maybe 1 out of what started as 10. From 6 slurriking I an down to 1 I have flowering & 1 untested. Pretty nice though to be fair a lot better than the platinum og remix. 

• Like 2

I have a buddy that runs platinum huckleberry cookies. (I think that’s what it is?) from Dynasty. 

it’s probably in the ballpark to what you have?

his keeper does the weird ogkb leaf thing where it tucks all the leaf fingers in and down. 

he speaks highly of the plant he kept. Must be good. He’s had it for years. It looks good, covered in tall stalk trichomes. He says it’ll mash your head in.

• Like 1