Back after a long break

Skipper23

Hi all. Been out the the game for 15 years and decided to start up again as circumstances have changed. So much has changed regarding grow tent kits etc. I’m look ing for some advice on what grow tent kit to get? Led lights preferably. Wanting a biggish tent kit as space no problem. Any advice please lads and not sure where to start anymore. Going to go with the 20L BUBBLE POT DWC R with 6 pots . Thanks in advance 

• Like 3

Maxibright daylight pro LEDs are pretty good in my opinion mate I have the 660w ones . Plants seem to love them under they lights the light spread is pretty uniform to you have the same growth more or less all around the tent 

• Like 2

Hi and welcome

Had a long break myself and yes a lot has changed ... cheap is not good as I learnt. I've come to like AC Infinity stuff and slowing replacing my cheap gear with AC, so check them out.

I use a viparspectra LED P1000 pro, it's excellent with dimmer function and low power usage (100w) with top quality LEDs.

Good luck :)

• Like 2

Hi and welcome :) 

I started out looking at "kits" but fortunately I found this place and did a bit of reading before I got my wallet out. A kit might work for you. But do a bit of reading on here and you'll soon see that the kits don't always contain the quality equipment that you want. The kits usually contain noisy, low-end exhaust fans, for example, not quiet efficient EC fans. The light the comes with the kit - might not be quite the quality that you'd expect. The ducting will be the cheapest flimsiest noisiest ducting available.

You'll pay more for quality equipment but it'll last longer, use less electricity, run quieter, produce better quality bud. Even the tents in those kits tend to be lower quality with thinner framework, cheaper zips that don't last ..... 

I'm really crapping on the kits, aren't I lollol 

Whatever you decide to do, all the best :) 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, handysmoker said:

Hi and welcome

Had a long break myself and yes a lot has changed ... cheap is not good as I learnt. I've come to like AC Infinity stuff and slowing replacing my cheap gear with AC, so check them out.

I use a viparspectra LED P1000 pro, it's excellent with dimmer function and low power usage (100w) with top quality LEDs.

Good luck :)

Thanks handysmoker

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Gaijin said:

Hi and welcome :) 

I started out looking at "kits" but fortunately I found this place and did a bit of reading before I got my wallet out. A kit might work for you. But do a bit of reading on here and you'll soon see that the kits don't always contain the quality equipment that you want. The kits usually contain noisy, low-end exhaust fans, for example, not quiet efficient EC fans. The light the comes with the kit - might not be quite the quality that you'd expect. The ducting will be the cheapest flimsiest noisiest ducting available.

You'll pay more for quality equipment but it'll last longer, use less electricity, run quieter, produce better quality bud. Even the tents in those kits tend to be lower quality with thinner framework, cheaper zips that don't last ..... 

I'm really crapping on the kits, aren't I lollol 

Whatever you decide to do, all the best :) 

Thanks for the info gaijin. The only decent kits I can see are the marshydro ones as you can choose your kit to go in them . I’ll keep on searching and researching before getting my wallet out.

• Like 2

Welcome mate, you've come to the right place for good honest info.

I'd agree with @Gaijin alot of the time with kits your getting lower quality gear and stuff you'll never use.

My advice would be work out how much you need to grow and work out what size space and lights you need based on that. 

Also have a good think what system you want to run before spending a fortune. I've been at it about 16 years and my roofspace has a few hydro systems gathering dust from years ago. Over the years I've come full circle and now back where I started in soil and now going fully organic living soil. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with hydro theres alot of growers smashing it in hydro systems on here.... but there's also a lot more to go wrong. Especially dwc if your space is hot your into chillers etc... just worth a thought.

Good luck whatever why you go:bong:

• Like 2

On 01/05/2023 at 4:20 PM, Skipper23 said:

what grow tent kit to get?

dont buy a kit, as said, [ul end up chucking some of it away]

your going with a big space - the light im looking at is spider farmer se7000, so thats what I say to get, (im reading up on it atm, upgrading)

you might/might not want to have a think about adding UVA bars too, as there's a few options for that

& get a good quality, EC, extraction fan & carbon filter

edit oh and welcome to the site 

mystic

Edited by mysticriver
  • Like 1

Welcome to the forum :skin_up:

As echoed above don't waste yer hard earned on a kit , buy separates and shop smart.

If I was in the market for a new led I'd be looking at HLG personally.

:yinyang:

• Like 2