has anyone made a mini green house

geogeo

hello .  just wondered if anyone has made or got any drawings off a home made mini green house , to start my baby's off as we dont get much heat up here

north off the border , with a couple heat matts in the base , computer fan, ive got a outside electric point . on me decking .south facing , as i am getting my head done in  from mrs geo,

off my ,heath robbinson,, untidy  window cill ,settup.  lookin forward for your replys as always , kind regards geogeo

• Like 4

Why not by a small handy one in bnq or aldi.

Would save you a bit of work making one,and would work out cheaper in the long run

• Like 1

As suggested a bought one would be less hassle & ready to go.   

However a few lengths of ali angle section ,  some polycarb sheet and some sikaflex and your off :yep:        

Check fleabay & fb as regularly see people just wanting rid of greenhouses ,  a member of our pensioner grow group has 3 g/h's all from people wanting short of them and for free,.  

3 wooden poles & some cling film , make a wig wam style g/h.       So many cheap & quick options :george:

• Like 4

Just now, Celtic voyager said:

Why not by a small handy one in bnq or aldi.

Would save you a bit of work making one,and would work out cheaper in the long run

im good with me hands , being a trademan, ,but skint  , my van is due a MOT, an i feel it goin to cost, but will look on the net , m8 ive got to keep it at low level to be stealth

an @OldFord has reply'd to me.

• Like 3

3 sticks , in wigwam formation , wrap with clingfilm and good to go :yep:       Leave an opening at the top to let it vent.      Done me well on the GG plot for young 'un's :yep:

I used a bit of polystyrene board to place the pots on inside the wigwam to keep heat & reflect light.        

• Like 6

@OldFord ta mate have to keep it low an watertite , as i am a hoarder. trademan , i have bits an bob's lying around always makin stuff .an

mrs g, will want it tidy on the deckin , as she sip's her preseco fekin wine out there lollol

Edited by geogeo
  • Like 3

some plastic pipe relocated from a building site

some threaded bar or rebar

big roll of plastic sheeting 

and make a polly tunnel dude 

• Like 4

Just now, twigs said:

some plastic pipe relocated from a building site

some threaded bar or rebar

big roll of plastic sheeting 

and make a polly tunnel dude 

110mm soil pipe or 40mm white got that na bother, got a big bit off clear plastic sheeting, an old drying box line'd with white ceiling panels another home made projects

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, geogeo said:

hello .  just wondered if anyone has made or got any drawings off a home made mini green house , to start my baby's off as we dont get much heat up here

north off the border , with a couple heat matts in the base , computer fan, ive got a outside electric point . on me decking .south facing , as i am getting my head done in  from mrs geo,

off my ,heath robbinson,, untidy  window cill ,settup.  lookin forward for your replys as always , kind regards geogeo

just wait for it to get warmer would that not be easier? then just bang em outside..

• Like 2

just had a look at price's off mini green house , F/Hell the one that u always would like cost a arm an leg,, £ 400 -£700 for a wee  (lean ,2) none for sale on the

gumtree , in my area.. the other 's look crap, , on the net ..

Roughly what size of greenhouse are we talking about here geo bud?

A man of your capabilities would strike me as having a right few lengths of 15mm copper or overflow/condensate pipe hanging about your person, true? ;)

• Like 5

Mate, start off with a small polytunnel. You can pick up a 2m x 2m or 2m x 3m for less than a ton. B&Q, Wilko, fleaBay, Gumtree. Sometimes folk are giving away the poles / frame, then you just get the plastic in.

If you're determined to build it yourself, plenty videos on YouTube... :yep:

• Like 4

you could also cut lots of pipe up the same length (2-3ft) and make a geodome if you’re a bit  handy 

Not sure what size space you're needing but if you can get a big polystyrene box from somewhere and a piece of clear polythene or similar, that'd be it pretty much sorted. Could even cut the front or south facing side lower for more light.  I made a mini poly tunnel on stilts a few years back from a big seedling tray, some cut ash rounds for legs and then coppiced hazel hoops, chicken wire and polythene.  That worked well and even self watered the tray when it rained. Keep it simple, plants don't know the difference between salvaged rubbish and bought kit :yep:

• Like 4