1000m3/h EC Fan too big for 1x1x2 tent???

cmmbsg

I've been given a brand new S&P TD 1000/200 Silent Ecowatt EC fan but my tent is only 1m x 1m x 2m. If I used a variable speed controller and turned way down can anyone see any issues?

My grow set up

1m x 1m x 2m tent
1-2m of 200mm diameter acoustic duct with two 90 degree bends
200mm diameter 600mm long CarboAir60 Filter
300w LED Lumatek Pro Light
Silencer

Thank you in advance!

Edited by lildaveham
Removed offsite link
  • Like 1

Should be fine, a lot of people use oversized fans so they can run a lower speed and not have as much noise.

• Like 3

My experience of an oversized extraction setup has been fine. I have 6" kit currently on a 0.4x0.4. It's temp/RH controlled and doesn't go beyond setting 2 (out of 10, ACI67) with a single plant in full flower. Nice & quiet & have not experienced inadequate flow through the CF resulting in smells that others have reported. 

Using it because I had it. 

A 1000m3/hr will turn your tent inside out and spit it up the chimney lol

Sorry...I have nothing of value to add lol

• Like 4

That's pretty much my arrangement and it works fine, my fan is something like 8 or 9 hundred m3/h, I have a massive oversized CarboAir and I run it on speed 1 out of 5 most of the time.

33 minutes ago, Goodbloke said:

Using it because I had it. 

Same here, I moved and my grow evolved but I used what I already had.

• Like 2

You can run ec fans at what you like, that was the intent. The problem with running ac fans slow is that you need a minimum spin speed to keep their motor cool, ec fans don't have that restriction. I've just bought an  AC Infinity T8 and Eco Flo 10" in the last month or two, but not set up yet.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 26/04/2023 at 3:32 PM, catweazle1 said:

You can run ec fans at what you like, that was the intent. The problem with running ac fans slow is that you need a minimum spin speed to keep their motor cool, ec fans don't have that restriction. I've just bought an  AC Infinity T8 and Eco Flo 10" in the last month or two, but not set up yet.

what size room are you running the 8inch AC fan m8 ?

the villan Not set them up yet. The room is about 3 x4m and tent 1.2x1.2. The 8" is just moving air out the tent atm. 

Edited by catweazle1