Extract into window vent

Eldo

Not sure if I just imagined this or actually did see it somewhere

Is there a way to attach extraction ducting to the open/shut plastic vent above glass in window?

Pretty sure I seen this somewhere but if it's not already a thing please no1 steal my idea I'm going on dragons den

• Like 2

You can get kits for air conditioners and tumble driers that attach to windows in various different ways, search for air conditioner window seal kits.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Eldo said:

Not sure if I just imagined this or actually did see it somewhere

You're not crazy mate, I too definitely seen this pic on here, that had the round ducting going to a letterbox shaped attachment connected to the thin air vent at the top of the window.

I have this one I used before getting a fabric window kit like mentioned above so I could close the window tighter than the round ducting.

large.Screenshot_20230215_044132_Firefox.jpg

I see on ebay there is a perspex sheet kits with pre cut hole for windows, pricey but more durable than the fabric ones, something to bare in mind if you have any adventurous cats like mine lol

Edited by Military Grade
  • Like 5

12 hours ago, Eldo said:

Is there a way to attach extraction ducting to the open/shut plastic vent above glass in window?

yes bro

ive done it with one of the attachments like [similar to what] @Military Grade has shown

here's a pic - it vents out the little trickle vent at the top [of the w. frame] I had to remove the vent off the frame, & make the hole slightly bigger [which is completely covered if I fix the vent attachment back onto the frame at a later date... it just made the flow of the hole a bit better]

there a 150 - 100mm reducer on it, to take the 150mm pipe of my extraction

large.5C760C5A-4B70-4578-91F2-F621D954FC76_1_201_a.jpeg

another pic

large.D8CF4389-1F30-424C-B6AA-6ADB7F8D4412_1_201_a.jpeg

its all good but it will only take a certain amount of air through it, great if you've got it doing an AC infinity fan on speed 2, not so great for trying to vent a 150mm phresh hyperfan of the 2.4 x 1.2 flower tent, for that I went this route [in the uPVC panel below the window [cheeky - council prop n all that... needs must etc]

large.25DE030A-35C6-4D50-A3C2-1CC01A985CF4_1_201_a.jpeg

on the other side of this there's a 125mm hole cut through the panel with a plastic coupler piece glued in the hole

on the outside there's a proper external vent slatted fascia

it allows more airflow than the trickle vent 

edit- if anyone happens to ask at any point (about the vent in the panel) im just gonna say "yes im really sorry I did it to make a vent for the portable AC, in that heatwave we had that year when it was so hot I couldn't sleep [or some shit], of course ill replace the ~£40 uPVC panel..."

mystic

Edited by mysticriver
  • Like 2