Newbie taking the leap...

Avocet

19 hours ago, OldFord said:

Welcome to the mad house sir :yep:            Good to have another outdoors guy on here  ,  all the best with it mate. 

If your dead set on auto's ,  i suggest doing 1 or 2 extra and even add a single fem to the mix,   mainly to broaden the experience and back up the autos :george:

Plenty of good & experienced growers on here that will keep you right !     No question too dumb !      

All the best 

Thanks, to you all for the kind welcomes and replies!! 

@OldFord, funny you should say that as that is exactly “The Plan”!! 

Trying a fem sneaky Frisian Duck covertly behind the tomatoes and beans… :D

2x autos in 30l fabric pots in Clover and 2x 30l in Living Soil for comparison. 

But to be fair, they’re all different strains…and 2 are going in early in next few days - if it ever warms up - and 2 later in May….

• Like 3

Fair play mate :yep:        If your unsure there's always someone on here that can answer :yep:       

Read as many diaries & grows as you can ,  you be surprised how much you can glean from these old grow's  ,  just be mindful that we all use differing mediums , grow in slightly diff micro climates ,  what works for one may not suit another.   

Shit will happen ,  just roll with it and try learn from it but MOST important ... it's your first grow so try enjoy it  lol      

If your in the garden , is there a poss of getting some light deprivation action going ?     Faster and get that DF home safe as they can be a tad wobbly.

All the best with it mate 

• Like 2

Hey buddy. Welcome to the fold. There were a few outdoor first timers last summer (including myself) all with grow diaries. Have a good look through and see what you've got to look forward to. It's a wild ride! lol 

First bit of advice I'd like to offer, is to save yourself some compost and get some slightly smaller pots. 30L is massive for an Auto.. Much better to go for something around the 15L range. I only know this as I was planning on going 20L for my autos this summer and was very strongly advised against it by other members. 

Good luck. 

• Like 3

Welcome! I did my first outdoor (out in the wild though) autos last year. Turned out alright! Not brilliant, I could've done better but it was a great experience and I may do a few outdoorsies when the sun gets going :) Best of luck with your grow!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 25/04/2023 at 8:11 PM, OldFord said:

No question too dumb!

Really?

If I eat myself, will I get twice as big or disappear completely? :nenenenene:

• Like 7

Just now, PHatDriver said:

Really?

If I eat myself, will I get twice as big or disappear completely? :nenenenene:

lol  Now thats a tough one mate ,   dont forget option C .. you stay the same lol         

Research is the only answer ... i cant eat solids ...so your on your own but please do let us know how you get on :yep:    

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, OldFord said:

dont forget option C

Or option D...you end up as a steaming pile of shite...default_rofl.gif

• Like 8

On 23/04/2023 at 7:25 PM, Avocet said:

Hey all,

Thought I'd say hi. Joined a couple of weeks ago to peruse the sage advice on here and wanted to say hello. In fact, heads been spinning with all the different info!! Wicked site...too easy to get lost and spend hours down the rabbit hole! 

Going to be putting some autos outside...I think I have a plan!?!

Jump onboard the good ship 420 , Welcome & good luck :yep:

• Like 1