Any recommendations for compost delivery?

Smokey McBongface

Just wondering now that there isn’t a site sponsor, if theres anywhere folks would recommend for stealthy boxed delivery? 

I agree with ratty , get yerself down yer local GC whilst they still sell decent dirt , you'll end up with more compost for a lot less, clover , durstons, violet farms and Westlands/Erin , evergreen (miracle gro) etc still sell decent peat based media for now, get stocked up :yep:

:yinyang:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BilgePump said:

violet farms

been using this (the lime green bag with chicken shit) mixed with a 1/3 coco and plants love it

• Like 6

Blue diamond compost of you can find it (garden centre) 

If you have to have it delivered most hydro shops know the game. You'll pay through the nose for it mind. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KC said:

Blue diamond compost

Spoke to our Westlands rep about this dirt , he said it's Erin multi repackaged so I'm not surprised it's decent :yep:

• Like 4

Much appreciated lads, cheers for the suggestions. I’ll need to have a proper look round the local garden centres and see what they’ve got.

Take the point about the cost of delivery. Was thinking for bringing a 50L bag inside, a box would be quite handy but I guess my rucksack will do the same thing :) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BilgePump said:

Erin multi repackaged

I can see the reduced peat one online but the Blue Diamond has got loads of peat in it. None of the websites say how much peat is in the Erin Mp. 

• Like 1

@KC  Standard Erin is 90% sphag moss peat according to the bag , the reduced peat one isn't all that reduced either So shouldn't be diabolically awful.... Between 60 and 80% peat in the reduced peat Erin

Edited by BilgePump
just checked
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, BilgePump said:

80% peat in the reduced peat Erin

lol 

I bet it's the same stuff then.

They must have reduced it from 82% :thumsup:

• Like 1

I'm paying 20 quid for 3 70L bags of the standard Erin, it's bloody lovely stuff :skin_up:

In fact I just put aside another 9 bags for payday on Friday lol

Peat ban? Not in my house lollol

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

This is the same mate, £8.99 for 1 bag or 3 for £20. I been buying Canno Pro for ages and the odd Playgron so it's nice to save some money and the stuff is superb.

God bless peat lol 

• Like 3

Just noticed at my local morrisons they only have peat free compost now, looks like I'm gonna have to stock up on a couple of each bags of BioBizz light and all mixes, the last bag of each has lasted me over a year so a couple should keep me going well past the ban.

Edited by Military Grade
  • Like 1