Window sill auto

420lsdket

28 minutes ago, Shumroom said:

Do you have drainage holes in the bottom of the containers? 

Atb 

:yinyang:

Yes as of 3 mins ago I do have drainage holes. And it leaked quite a bit of water. 

Picture this app for plants says.

Both curling edges and entirely curled leaves indicate low humidity or a lack of enough moisture in the air. Plant leaves curl to reduce transpiration and slow water loss

Edited by 420lsdket
  • Like 3

Give it a couple of days to see how it changes since allowing the pots to drain :)

Yes leaf curl is usually a sign of the environment being less than ideal,

but that includes things like how saturated the medium is. 

I would recommend an increase in the container size too, 

It doesn't have to be huge but a 1 - 1.5 litre pot will still keep it from becoming huge while giving enough space for a decent root zone. 

Try not to overwater the containers, 

depending upon how much they dry out, 

usually ¼ - ⅓ of the volume is enough to saturate a pot. 

Atb 

• Like 3

Be sure to just water around the established root zone in the new pot/container as it will probably still be quite wet. 

Atb 

• Like 2

I am going to break up a block of mycelium substrate as Mix it into the new pots. As I have read good things as for root development and nutrition benefits.

• Like 3

So repotted in to clear pots so I can observe the roots reaction with the mycelium. I reckon it will work well.

I used a block of just harvested shrooms. Filled the pots with 50% mycelium and 50% soil.

large.20230529_151022_copy_1870x2209_1.jpg

large.20230529_151244_copy_3287x2025_1.jpg

large.20230529_153030_copy_2027x2846.jpg

Hopefully the mycelium will take control and spead.

• Like 3

13 days since the mycelium mix added.

Plants in top shape super healthy.

large.20230610_225156_copy_1005x1243.jpg

When I checked last night there was no sign of pinning.

large.6484fae13cf27_Shroomsappear01.jpglarge.6484fae23e63c_Shroomsappear02.jpg

Surely I believe that the shrooms which are growing already contain psilocybin. So if left...psilocybin should therefore be released in the soil with the ganja roots.

large.20230610_225416_copy_875x1168.jpg

Edited by 420lsdket
More information
  • Like 4

I was hoping the top soil would be full of pins but it seems to be side pinning a lot.

Should you remove the fruits or else they might rot? Not sure, haven't seen this done before but very intrigued :)

ETA - are you trying to get the psilocybin into the cannabis? Because I'm pretty sure that not going to work lol They're not in the same kingdom yet alone family.
But as a symbiotic grow where the mycelium and cannabis roots benefit each other and develop fruits, now that's cool if there's something there.

Edited by Lubdub
  • Like 5

Awesome idea sir :yep:   Loving it , very interested to see it play out !      Love seeing someone think outside the box :george:    All the very best with it mate

• Like 3

Quite a wasteful practice but it can be done a lot better. I would mix enough to use as a top dressings only as your only wants shrooms to grow out of the top. I have seen this done a few time and most people just top dress with their old spent mushroom compost. :hippy:

• Like 2