Advice With Drying / Trimming

Robo

Hi all,

I would like someone with more experience to tell me if I am doing the right thing here. 

1. I have cut all my plants down at the base and hung up. 

2. I have deleafed all big fan leaves from all. 

3. I have left the lights off and fan speed low, set humidity to around 75 and temps at 17

4. Going to leave for a few days until mostly dry then going to trim all buds with either scissors or trim bag. 

Am I missing anything, sorry about the noob post.

• Like 1

Hello, welcome to the site.

I prefer to leave the fans on just to slow the drying process but it's fine to do it your way. In fact there is no set way, everyone has their own way of doing it. They should take at least 10 days to dry but if you want to use the trim bag they'll have to be even dryer I'd say. I take them off the stems and leave for a day or 2 before running through the trim bag, I find it much more effective.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, KC said:

Hello, welcome to the site.

I prefer to leave the fans on just to slow the drying process but it's fine to do it your way. In fact there is no set way, everyone has their own way of doing it. They should take at least 10 days to dry but if you want to use the trim bag they'll have to be even dryer I'd say. I take them off the stems and leave for a day or 2 before running through the trim bag, I find it much more effective.

Thank you for the quick reply I was worried I was doing it wrong but you have put my mind at ease. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Robo said:

around 75 and temps at 17

75% RH is a bit too high. Keep an eye on it over the next few days, as it will probably drop as the plants dry but if it stays that high they'll only get so dry and stop. Aim for between 55 - 60% RH. 

• Like 2