Bowl trimmers - what's the gen ?

JimmyPage

With my first LED grow coming to an end (very dense, compact plant) it will be harvesting time again.

Usually I sit in my tent for a few hours, with a pair of scissors, and manually trim every bud.

However I recently saw a bowl trimmer on display and it looked like it could seriously speed things up. I thought it was a new thing, but on doing some digging it seems around for years.

Just wondered what the UK420 view was ?

• Like 1

@JimmyPagedont do it. Thise bowl trimmers are supposed to be for wet trimming (which I hate)

last time I used one with dry buds it decimated it and I had 8oz if ground weed that I made shatter with.

Get your self a trim bag, if the buds are that dense, they work great, I've just trimmed a load of Mimosa and the buds look awesome, I can do a keg in like 5 mins and all the trim gets made into hash

the buds need to proper dry to work and I still remive large fan leaves before

Edited by sweettooth
  • Like 1

Totally agree with sweettooth. I've not used a bowl trimmer as I don't trim wet but a lad I know got one and I wasn't very impressed. He'd never heard of trim bags.

• Like 1

nothing wrong with them. ive used one for years.

but to be honest if its a 1.2 tent crop its probably not worthwhile

remove big fan leaves by hand, chop buds off and place in trimmer, turn handle slowly and deliberately and they chop fine.

there are different quality trimmers out there, so get a good one, i.e. the blade is close to the underside of the gridwork.

save me days on big chops

• Like 1

Since being away I kinda gotta into the whole American online Scene... Jungle Bros, Rare Dankness, Canna cribs, First smoke off the day etc and many others and enjoyed the footage of the Jungles bros...

They were using Athena product.. grow A&B and bloom nothin else and only hand trimmed... that's their criteria.

I hate trimming... is there someone you can 'employ' for a herbal wage ?

Just now, Dank Dad said:

I hate trimming... is there someone you can 'employ' for a herbal wage ?

lollollol

same boat, I've tapped up a guy that used to grow with me, thinking an oz for a days work

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies all.

For now I've decided against it. If the worst comes to the worst I know I can handle a manual trim.

However given that this LED grow has turned out quite compact, the possibility of growing 4 at a time has arisen. And harvesting 4 instead of 1 may be the push to revisit this.

On 14/04/2023 at 7:11 PM, badbillybob said:

nothing wrong with them. ive used one for years.

but to be honest if its a 1.2 tent crop its probably not worthwhile

remove big fan leaves by hand, chop buds off and place in trimmer, turn handle slowly and deliberately and they chop fine.

there are different quality trimmers out there, so get a good one, i.e. the blade is close to the underside of the gridwork.

save me days on big chops

My mate has the spin Pro iirc and he only grow commercially, even so the bud does come out very high quality for wet trimmed and spin pro'ed, both looks and tastes great

• Like 1

On 14/04/2023 at 7:25 PM, sweettooth said:

lollollol

same boat, I've tapped up a guy that used to grow with me, thinking an oz for a days work

hmmm so you've factored in a 'silence' fee, luv it :naughty:

Edited by Dank Dad