Run circulation fan off an SMSCOM controller?

Jungian79

I've got an SMSCOM Hybrid 2amp fan controller running an S&P extractor fan.

There's two plug sockets on the controller, one extraction and one for intake. 

Can I plug a small circulation fan into the intake socket on the SMSCOM? The circulation fan has a two speed adjustment. 

Would doing that potentially burn out the controller or the circulation fan for some technical reason? 

Edited by Jungian79
Spelling

I don't think you can as the intake/outtake fan is temperature based, but I may be wrong. Best to use your circulation fan as a stand alone anyway choosing the speed as per the fan

• Like 1

You could do it in theory but I'm sure fans need so much air flow over the motors to cool them down when they are on and it might not get it constantly 

I would rather get a little dial controller off the bay for about a fiver and dial it in that way 

Edited by Lazy L
Missed a bit
  • Like 1

I've got a hybrid pro 4amp.

For many a season I had a big gekko box fan in the outake plug for the flower tent and a little tiny rvk fan in the intake plug for the veg tent. Both used for extraction.

The fan speeds will be operated by the sensor which I put in the flower tent.

Then you have to match fan sizes for the tent size.

Edited by Lister420
  • Like 1