6 year old filter, .......wow

badbillybob

hello, im just about to change out the big 12 inch, meter long filter in my big room.

i noticed it was fitted in 2017....and im highly impressed that it has lasted as long.

its a rhino pro, not that im advertising them as the previous ones i had from them lasted less than a month, bad batch apparently.

its been run at low fan speed its entire life, probabbly never been flat out, and i never have high humidity which helps.....but still ....................six years......constant use............even a tight fisted scrote like me cant complain about that..

its just starting to leak the odd whiff, but thats enough for me....to bin it.

• Like 11

Just now, badbillybob said:

its just starting to leak the odd whiff, but thats enough for me....to bin it.

It happens to us all when we get old.

• Like 10

I just replaced a Rhino Pro  after 3 years and tbh nothing was wrong with it... I'd convinced myself that there was a smell regardless of two grow pals saying it was fine.

Six years is phenomenal!

Edited by Dank Dad

My last rhino pro also lasted somewhere like 8 years - only on really hot days would the fan be at full power so that may increase their life span significantly?

• Like 3

RIP the old filter  lol       Plus its always nice to get a parcel o open ...even if you know whats in it  and from yourself lol      

• Like 2

I bought the 150x600 rhino pro in 2012. 

it’s rated at 900m3/h and I barely push my 450m3/h fan as it’s fan Controlled. 

I have 2 socks for the filter and it’s still going strong 11 years later as I run lower humidity and the fan barely runs higher than 50% even during summer with LED. 

large.52479614-8378-416D-8E59-03735731945B.jpeg

this filter has outlasted an RVK150A1 that was purchased at the same time.

im now running a VENTS VK150 with it. 

after every run I change out the sock and wash the old one in the washing machine. 

they certainly don’t make things like they used too lol  

• Like 6