MPC plus....help please

Eldo

Looking to add a little something to my MPC, currently using straight up clover which id like to add something to for final pots (5-10litres)

Base mix I've got in mind is

60% clover

30% Coco

*10% worm castings

*Can I go higher and what if anything  should i use ahead of elixir?

Pretty sure this will be an improvement but would like to improve further.....

My water is hard as fuck and mainly calcium and little mag

Would ecothrive life, elixir soil improver or even volcanic rock dust further throw my cal/mag ratio out

Pretty sure I want to use some plagron guano which is  npk 6/15/3

Should I ballance this this with some potassium and If so what?.....I'm thinking a little palm ash 

Will also add some ecothrive charge

Is there anything that's off with this mix and will I need to let it cook before using

Seen some soil mixes using epsom salts....how would I dose han how long would they last in soil?

Edited by Eldo

Suprised you say that Larry tbh because it's regarded by most as one of the best composts if you know how to use it. It's just straight peat with fertiliser and lime which is what virtually every single nursery in the country raise plants in whether it's clover or shamrock etc. 

As for the op. Leave it as it is. If you want to jazz it up add 10% ewc. 

Otherwise don't fuck with it. Guaranteed reading the list of stuff your wanting to add your brain is going in overdrive. 

To put it jnto an analogy. Buying a bag of clover is like going into a curry house and being served a really good curry. 

What your trying to do is (presumably with little experience) is crack out the spice box and chuck a bit of everything in.

Result. A far inferior curry guaranteed 

• Like 8

I prefer BioBizz over Clover after being a long term Clover user. Clover is alright but I wouldn't go back tbh

• Like 1

big up the clover. 

my local nursery still doing 3 (60l) bag for £15 only thing that hasn't gone up the past few years. 

and the good old dear didn't even want make me pay last time as the card machine was down. "you look trustworthy" "just pay next time" 

errrr. okay. 

• Like 4

Thanks for the replies guys - might have seen some of them too late tho :chains:

Ended up with

55% clover

30% Coco

15% worm humus

+

Guanakalong complete organics

Know a lot of people on here rate clover but I seem to be struggling, perhaps just a case of me starting feelings to late