485W 100% LED too strong for end of flowering ?

JimmyPage

First LED grow. Gone really well. However now 10ish weeks in, and some leaves are curling - suggesting light burn.

I've been running the lights at 100% for most of the time. Is it possible that as the plant gets closer to harvest it is too much and needs dialling back ?

The plant was accidentally started on 12/12 which I think is why it never stretched.

large.20230402_192814.jpg

• Like 1

think it's more strain dependent? run a 1000w led and haven't had any signs of burn but I also run co2. have a 600w lumi and had buds an inch away with no signs of burn. those leaves look like canoes to me which is indicative of too much wind from fans

• Like 1

Could be over watering , over fertilisation, heat or combination of few  causing the leafs to turn up.

Just now, Devon Cream said:

Could be over watering , over fertilisation, heat or combination of few  causing the leafs to turn up.

This is in a bubbler and following the (Shogun) chart so far has been OK. Temps have stayed constant at 18-20 for nutes and 18-22 air temp.

• Like 1

I'd ease up on the nutes,there's  tip burn on some leaves.and raise the air temperature mid to high 20's.

• Like 1

Backing the lights off a bit towards the end of flower cant hurt in my opinion. Once they've finished developing and are in the ripening phase I don't think you lose out.  Outside grows tend to finish as the DLI is diminishing due to the suns lower angle and fewer hours of daylight, so it makes sense really.

• Like 1