Raise filter for next grow?

Gaijin

Morning folks :) 

I’m starting to plan the big tent for the next run. I’ve got some girls in little half litre pots that are desperate for a pot up but it’ll be a few weeks before they are in the big tent. I must pop beans earlier for run number 3! Waited too long this last run. 
Back on topic ….. I’m estimating that I’ll be harvesting early to mid July. 

I should probably raise my filter to the top the tent for this next one, yeah? 

And buy a portable A/C to cool the lung room for the dry. I can’t see any way around that. 

Seems like any money I save ditching the dealer is going to be reinvested in the grow lollol 

Yes mate get that filter at the top.

I think anyone who runs ac with these electric prices is insane but each to their own. I've never used it and most summers aren't too bad for drying. I suppose it will depend on your environment at the time. I wouldn't go buy one now, wait and see how things go first. You might find the tent might just need the extraction running a bit faster to cool it to a desirable temp.

• Like 1

@KC Righto, will add that to the list, thank you :yep: Got all sorts to do in the before plants hit the mat. Must add decent runs of string or wire for the next round of yoyos - bit of bitch trying to do that during week 8 of flower this last time around lol Relocate a few bits, refine my passive intake. Must take measurements and position my lights somewhat square. That'll actually be easier with the filter up top, I think. Hmmmm, need a few weeks off work so I can focus on this fully. Need the rest of my life off work so I can focus on this fully lollol 

No, I wouldn't go buy an A/C right now, but then I remember last year around the time when I started looking at them it was too late; none in stock anywhere lol 

But you're right, I'll play it by ear. Quite often the start of the school summer holidays signals a few weeks of cold weather lol Amen to that, brother. Would be perfect 

• Like 2

I got an AC for the dry, but realised it would be expensive to run 24hrs (4kW, or a bit less on lower) - for the first 7 - 10 days

so now im trying to find pheno's that will retain their terp profile after a hot, quick dry instead

there are ones that do a lot better than others, that would be a good start

shit, what was the topic again..?

mystic

Regarding filter location I'm gonna keep mine where it is for now and see how it goes, hopefully it'll just be a case of leaning on the heaters less for air temps due to the warmer ambient air, maybe crank up the extraction a notch, we'll see :skin_up:

:yinyang:

always kept mine up at top. got a 12000 BTU ac unit and as others said, bad choice although it gets used in the bedroom now during peak summer, the hose hangs out the window.

didn't have many issue last summer in the loft, was like a sweat box still, just more airflow required and find a cooler inlet from somewhere in the house or the shaded side of the house.  high summer temps are great for leds, keeps that lights off temps up.

• Like 1

I’ve got an AC unit for summer, glad I did last summer as harvest time was right in the middle of that heat wave.

got it cheap from shitbook marketplace, just hung the pipe out the window behind a hedge, there were pipes hanging out of loads of windows with people trying to keep cool lol

my trouble is only half my air is extracted outside through an air brick type vent, it can’t handle all the air, so the room is way too hot in heatwave weather, even with no lights on, got fed up with weed smelling of hay after a 4 day dry lol but then again that was before I could add humidity too

The AC only gets used for 10 days a year so probably a waste of money, but I’m an OCD mutherfucker at times 

Edited by cypo74