Landrace Strains and Fullpower Selections- A cautionary tale

Cajafiesta

I'll start this by saying that I hope this post isn't out of line or prohibited.  It is referencing a seed breeder/seller that is not a sponsor here, but I can't help but share the details.  I believe it relates to security, and that should be shared in my opinion. 

Please remove if I'm out of line.  It's certainly not my intent.

I had an experience that I feel obligated to share here.  I've been chasing a strain called "Double Dalai" for a couple months.  It's alleged to make vibrant red flowers, and I want to see A) if it's true  B) if it's any good.

Fullpower Selections is the only retailer, they're based out of india and seem to be directly affiliated with Indian Landrace Exchange.

So I got the order placed, waiting on shipping.  Pretty normal interaction etc.  Package got stuck in US customs. Again, not all that abnormal. Waited on it, it finally showed up but was not delivered.  So here are the condensed details.

1) they shipped the package requiring a signature for delivery.  As you can all imagine, that can potentially pose a list of issues.  Can't sign if it was shipped to a false name, can't sign if it was shipped to a safe address etc. Additionally, signing for the package is a goddamn documented proof of receipt of package by a government entity.

2) they shipped the order in an envelope with a giant, color "Fullpower Selections" sticker on the outside of the package

3) the ship from name/ address on the package was "Landrace Bioscience"

4) the customs/tax paperwork with the package listed the contents as fucking "hemp seeds."

Naturally, customs opened the package, disposed of the contents and then mailed me an empty envelope with a nice, shitty letter form the US Department of Agriculture letting me know that my shit was taken due to illegal importation of non-native species.  So that's the icing on top of the cake.

I've shared this with several other US folks who are no stranger to making seed purchases.  Everyone I've told this to is pretty well shocked at the gross lack of concern for being discreet.  And I'm pretty shocked, myself.  Not even mad, really.  Just totally shocked.

I contacted the seller, and they eventually got back to me.  " we've shipped seeds like this for seven years and we have never had a single issue."   If you believe that shit I've got some ocean-front property for sale in Arizona I'll make you a great deal on.

They allege that they are going to replace the confiscated seeds, but the experience overall is so startling to me that I'll never do business with them again.  And I feel some sense of obligation to warn others.

This isn't intended to badmouth anyone.  I'm making absolutely no commentary on the quality of their seeds.

Purely just a warning to those here who are concerned about their security.  Cause Fullpower Selections sure as fuck is NOT.

• Like 12

• 2 weeks later...

The germination rate on what these guys offer is below low and I wouldn't bother wasting any money ordering anything 

Edited by MeMyselfAndIGuerilla