Metal halide vs full spectrum LED for veg

Piper.180

2 hours ago, catweazle1 said:

multiply by 0.017. 20-30 quid.

@catweazle1

Sorry to hijack the thread, but what does this calculation work out? 

I have been pondering a PPFD meter for ages, but am not sure if they are worth the money in my situation.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Moonstone420 said:

@catweazle1

I have been pondering a PPFD meter for ages, but am not sure if they are worth the money in my situation.

Everything you need should be in here :yep: 

3 hours ago, Piper.180 said:

They are definitely more effective, it's just the colour temp where I think LEDs fall short. HLG have started making 4000k LEDs now to try and get more blue in the spectrum but they're almost £900 and I need 2 of them and they're really only for veg. That's a lot of money for me. 

I used 600w mh and 600hps trough veg and flower to get more spectrum in past as it was debated a lot that it effects sat dom strains and u could swear my bud was stronger more potent.

Problem is less yield, hard to control light spread without light mover and Temps.

1800 is yeah lol  you can get perfect bud with hps,leds are great In summer time and last forever tho

Imo you just need a Scrog net if you want to pack it tight and get even full nugs

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Moonstone420 said:

@catweazle1

umols. You can find out the hard way or the easy way to setting your lights up.

• Like 1

a decent controller can automate all of that manual work for you but it's all extra dollar. yet to install my ac infinity 69 pro controller but will use this method and setup some automation to control temps and light power for the first few hours although the controller won't run my lumateks so I guess it'll be a telos growcast controller. up till now I had an injbird controlling my heat over winter and kept the first few hours of lights on a bit cooler. the method does work!!

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, sweettooth said:

a decent controller can automate all of that manual work for you but it's all extra dollar. yet to install my ac infinity 69 pro controller but will use this method and setup some automation to control temps and light power for the first few hours although the controller won't run my lumateks so I guess it'll be a telos growcast controller. up till now I had an injbird controlling my heat over winter and kept the first few hours of lights on a bit cooler. the method does work!!

Have you checked with AC Infinity about the two dongles that they sell for hooking up other brand lights? I know I was talking to someone about them recently; maybe it was you, in which case, sorry lol. 

I know that Lumatek isn't listed as compatible, but neither are the PAR+ lights, and Adam was fairly certain they'd work. It was just a matter of matching the dimmer type on your light to dongle A or B. At least that's the way I understood it. I'm on holiday next week so should have time to hook the PAR+ up to the controller and see what happens. I've got a little 240w PAR+ that's kinda spare, so she'll be the guinea pig

9 hours ago, Gaijin said:

Have you checked with AC Infinity about the two dongles that they sell for hooking up other brand lights? I know I was talking to someone about them recently; maybe it was you, in which case, sorry lol. 

I know that Lumatek isn't listed as compatible, but neither are the PAR+ lights, and Adam was fairly certain they'd work. It was just a matter of matching the dimmer type on your light to dongle A or B. At least that's the way I understood it. I'm on holiday next week so should have time to hook the PAR+ up to the controller and see what happens. I've got a little 240w PAR+ that's kinda spare, so she'll be the guinea pig

just had a Google, ac do a type A and type B. both lumatek and maxibright use a round 3 pin push lock plug but lumatek do an rj11 ethernet to push lock cable but I'm not sure you could convert twice??? trolmaster also do an rj12 to push lock adapter. I'll enquire and confirm, good shout though!

• Like 1

@Gaijin legend. in theory it should work

Acinfinity type A adapter and
Lumatek LED Universal Controller (0-10v) to RJ Ethernet. I'm gonna grab them, only 25 quid, cheaper than another Controller. I wonder if thise type A adlaters can also be used to control G.A.S fans and other types that use 0-10v rj11 sockets, in thiery they should do

:cheers:

• Like 1

Excellent :cheers:  

As you say, in theory anything with that socket should at least communicate, shouldn't it. Please let us know how you go; I'm sure it will be most helpful to others on here :yep:  

• Like 1