Heat mat issues (advice/help needed)

Stigofthedank

Hi all I am a new owner of some lerway thermo controlled cheap root mats with probes, controller.

I am currently having issues with one of the mats, put a few test thermostats on it and it's saying 27°c and the "controller" is satin 19°c and won't move up or down, other one is doing as said, 22°c mat same controller and thermostat,.

My 1st thought was the probes were at different heights so adjusted that and same again last night cycle, I have now put the probe of the problamatic heat mat below fabric pot to see if that makes a difference, it's probably some product default and replacement is probably in order, any advice or help would be appreciated 

Hope you lovely uk420 community are having a bless day, 

Stig 

:skin_up:

Sometimes your light can add heat at pot level early on until the canopy catches it this can obviously put temps higher than set on the thermostat. Does Sounds like a dodgy thermostat though if it’s reading 19. A plugged in mat will go about 10 degrees higher than ambient so by the sounds the mats are fine but the controller is a bit buggered. 

I think that’s what yer were getting at. I’m having a confused day so far. when yer know you should go back to bed and start again but yer can’t :thumbdown:

If your running a heat mat with a temperature controler with  probe, the probe wants to be buried in the pot almost down to the bottom.

make sure the soil is damp, it will take a good 1/2 day for it to warm it through. 

my heat mat has different temps over it, higher directly over heating cable - to even it out, I have a big floor tile on top of it which spreads te heat better.

anyway of swapping the controllers over from the working one ?

I would recommend getting an infrared temperature gun if you can, it makes spot checking temps easy peasy

Edited by RUFUS HOUND

Have you checked the sensors by holding them in your hand,

this should show as an increase in temperature :yep:

Atb

:yinyang:

• Like 5