Germination

Greenmachine420

2 hours ago, Idicanna jones said:

@murphyblue tha knows 

I can honestly say i have had 100% germ rate on all my seeds even the 2 oldest i have flowering in the cab right now.

Ok a top tip is put seeds in pots when u are straight have lost a couple on the mancave floor but we dont talk about them. lol

It just works for me there's a load of other ways that also work just find one method that works for u and stick to it.

I am a tight Welshman never give up on a seed. lol

• Like 3

i've always stuck the seed straight into compost/coco and 95+% of the time i get cannabis

secret is warmth, 26oC is perfect

• Like 6

second for 26degrees, I use heat matts and stick the thermostat in a spare root riot cube.

24 hours in cooled boiled water then straight in the cubes and under a T5 florescent on 18/6.  keep your eye on the cubes and don't let them dry out, a nice spray now and then to keep em moist and as soon as they've popped up, a nice mild drink of formulex (any other starter nutrient is fine)

• Like 3

large.7DA4F812-8C83-441C-8435-312562DA1779.jpegi find easiest way is to put them in a cup a water leave them in it until the tap root is an 20mm or so long normally 3 days put the root into media shell on dampen everyday with spray bottle be up in no time 

Edited by mimosa man
  • Like 2

I've opted to plant straight into their final positions this year.

They had an overnight soak first then into starter cubes and placed into final position on my plot, all good so far.

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

thought I would give a quick update. After taking on some advice posted I think I’ve cracked it. Just had a 6/6 success rate on the latest try. Thanks all for your advice!

The method I used if it helps anyone else:

Seeds soaked 12 hours in water

Further 24 in moist paper towel

LTFA twice daily

Mixed my 60/40 coco/perl in with some peat. 
Pre-soaked mix until just moist (squeezed in palm, mix held shape but didn’t have any water run off) and filled starter cube pots and planted germinated seeds.

LTFA 3 times daily

Put the under prop with lid on - temp 28c humidity 80

Turned the heat meat OFF. Temps were already high enough under the light.

Changed up my small CFL for a proper T5 rig I think this helped massively.

I have only watered once since planting (4-5 days) gave them a quick misting last night. 
LTFA x4 times a day

They are 2-3 inch high already, full set of serrated leaves. Fking flying! 
Prop lid off when they touch reach the lid (approx 8-10 days)
will feed a+b 0.5ml/L after 2 weeks when nutes in the peat are used up and plant them in 1L pots for 2 weeks before going in the 15L ones ( using autopot system)

LTFA= leave the fu*k alone :D 

Thanks all. Happy growing! 

• Like 1