Motherrrrrr

I’m thinking of setting up a mother tent but I’m not sure how much space I’ll need? 

I was thinking a 60x60x90 tent would give me enough horizontal space to propagate clones and house the mummy but then 60cm doesn’t sound like enough head room once a pot is involved. Which then begs the question, how bigger pot do I need for a mother? If a 3-4L is big enough to sustain a mother, then maybe 60cm is ok??

This is what I’m thinking.. 

large_box1.jpg

Edited by latitude54
  • Like 1

The key to mothers is when watering try to keep feed to lowest point to keep em small and healthy then couple weeks before you need cutting off a mum feed her up before hand take cuts then keep em cut back.I keep all my mums in 2ltr pots .

• Like 4
11 minutes ago, latitude54 said:

@Devon Cream that’s fabulous advice. Thank you. 

Im assuming the same can be said for lighting? 

All I use over my mothers is a T5 2ft 4 tube light draws 96w or something close to that.

Edited by Devon Cream
  • Like 1

Yeah you'll have no bother keeping a few mothers in a 60x60x90 that's what I have and have two mothers and sexing four plants at the min in there. I could easily keep nine mothers and still have room for my propagator for cuts. :bong:

I have a Migro 2 bar over my mums and cuts. I’m vegging up some girls to flower in there atm and the mums have gone mad, I could take cuts every week. :D
When they go into the flower cab, I can turn the light down and they should calm down :yep:

• Like 1
5 hours ago, latitude54 said:

how bigger pot do I need for a mother?

Depends on how many cuts you need from it... I keep mums in a 1 gallon fabric pot, which will give me around 20 - 30 x 6cm cuttings every fortnight. 

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

^^What @MindSoup said. My current mums are in 2 litre pots or smaller, and I get plenty of cuttings from them. I don't need industrial quantities! :D Reckon my two biggest mums are around 60cm high including pots. If you use fabric pots then the roots are air pruned, meaning no need to hand prune them so often. I use square format pots so I can fit more into a small space.

I use a phillips daylight bulb for cuttings. They're just normal bulbs.  6500k and 17 watts. they even do 3500kk ones for flowering

• Like 1