Rosin woes...god dam blowouts for first time? :(

sterling-archer

Well I was given a bit to run from a friend who makes cancer meds usually to see how it turns out on the press. Just for us to dab for fun.

Two runs...

awsome returns but two blowouts? Never had a proper one before where the sides burst and it totally fucks all your press....how do you stop them beyond lower pressure? It's such a shame as it made a right mess. I've had mini blowouts but there usually in the top and central so affect nothing, I've even repressed these style of bags and been fine.

I vertically press one 3x5 bag at a times on 4x7 plates are 8 tonne on the gauge and 85c on my laser reading.

I've been getting better and better results recently so gutted this has happened? Any tips?

Sterl

Edited by sterling-archer

The material I used was crystal laden trim and yields at least 15% usually . Only thing I can think of myself is pressing less at once maybe?

Have you done the maths for your size bag footprint cause 8t seems too high to me. I use 2 * 4 inch bags bottle tech and for that footprint I never exceed 2t. Generally I'm at 1.5 t to 2t at 85 to 90 c gradually getting to pressure over 2 mins.

Edited by M Pamplemousse

Are the bags stitched or pressed down the join?

I can't remember the name of the ones I had that were "welded" down the join but they didn't work for bottle or chottle tech style pressing and split along the weld every time.

So I use stitched ones now.

And 

Increase the pressure slowly, feeling your way as everything warms up.

• 3 weeks later...
On 30/03/2023 at 3:08 PM, Hippie on hill said:

Are the bags stitched or pressed down the join?

I can't remember the name of the ones I had that were "welded" down the join but they didn't work for bottle or chottle tech style pressing and split along the weld every time.

So I use stitched ones now.

And 

Increase the pressure slowly, feeling your way as everything warms up.

Where in the UK sells good quality rosin bags mate?

I dunno to be honest 

I've been using 2" x 200" tubes from b2cvape on aliexpress

Which fit nicely over the 32mm pipe I use as a pre press mold 

And I then cut to size as required 

Which have worked ok for me 

• Like 1