Narrowboaters do it slowly

BudsAfloat

large.E85F5AA2-6C10-4938-BC49-1EFC0373558D.jpeglarge.BD4359C0-4985-4327-848F-57EEEDF4AC78.jpeglarge.4A1B065E-66A6-4BC5-9C17-8DA470B62C05.jpeg Hello buddies!

I am for the second year growing on my canal boat. Last year was a successful one with a couple of plants grown in the ground and a couple on the deck of the boat as I travelled around. This year I have put together a little starter cupboard with two LED lamps and a brushless fan all running 12v and powered from 4 x 75w solar panels on the boat roof via the cabin batteries 2 of 110ah 12v . So far so good! 

• Like 27

Hi and welcome :) 

Sounds like an interesting grow space. Can't beat free leccy :D 

You'll have to get a diary up and show us your grow ..... and maybe a bit about your boat and your travels as well :yep:  

• Like 4

This is some trailblazing shit right here. I've often pondered the practicalities of off grid/mobile indoor growing, no small undertaking that's for sure. Really looking forward to following along.

Good luck :hippy:

• Like 5

Hello mate, I usually say 'welcome aboard' to new members, but you already seem to be. 

See you around. 

• Like 4

Good stuff, I noticed a few  narrow  boaters growing weed when i was walking a canal market,  a proper little water hippy community it was.  :)

Welcome to uk420,  maaaaan :yinyang:

• Like 2

13 hours ago, BudsAfloat said:

my canal boat.

hello mate & welcome

hey its not Craig is it? hello again bro long time no see: if it is you (really small chance but hey)

mystic

• Like 1

large.C4572F6A-2482-474B-83A2-2189E921D563.jpegThank you everyone for your welcome and positive! I am Ben and yes I will keep posting some pics for you guys.

It was a tough choice between BudsAfloat and BakedOnBoard 

• Like 11

On 26/03/2023 at 9:50 PM, BudsAfloat said:

large.E85F5AA2-6C10-4938-BC49-1EFC0373558D.jpeglarge.BD4359C0-4985-4327-848F-57EEEDF4AC78.jpeglarge.4A1B065E-66A6-4BC5-9C17-8DA470B62C05.jpeg Hello buddies!

I am for the second year growing on my canal boat. Last year was a successful one with a couple of plants grown in the ground and a couple on the deck of the boat as I travelled around. This year I have put together a little starter cupboard with two LED lamps and a brushless fan all running 12v and powered from 4 x 75w solar panels on the boat roof via the cabin batteries 2 of 110ah 12v . So far so good! 

I've got 3 130ah how many amps do you use a day?

I reckon that the Growroom is using around 30ah per day. I probably use half that for the cabin which is for a light in the evening, occasional water pump and charging phone or iPad. So about 45ah per day which the panels manage, plus I move regularly. No fridge or females on board helps! Will start a diary for the grow this year…. I am replacing the cratch on the front well deck with a greenhouse at the moment… living soil in two large containers….

• Like 2

On 27/03/2023 at 8:09 AM, HazyDaze said:

Good stuff, I noticed a few  narrow  boaters growing weed when i was walking a canal market,  a proper little water hippy community it was.  :)

Welcome to uk420,  maaaaan :yinyang:

If that was Ellesmere Whitchurch area you met me! I carve spoons and rustic stuff, as always so big old bits of timber on the boat