New prescription, question about CBD/THC oil and dose

IndigoElectron

I feel for you man, as others have said it's totally different for different people, CBD does nothing for me, kief does nothing for me, lord knows I've tried them all, I need the full entourage effect or I get nothing from it, even the oil I make regularly I find hmmm it's ok but nothing great whilst it puts mates into a coma hehe, whatever you do though don't write off cannabis use persevere and you should eventually be able to work out what works and what doesn't, for me cannabis has meant I'm not sitting here zombified dead inside from doctors pills and potions whilst still being in chronic pain. Sorry I can't offer any advice regards prescriptions etc other than weed in any form is better than doctors crap in any form, for me anyway, I hope you can find what works for you man, it saddens me that wether you agree or not that there's this whole world of natural medicine accessable to anyone squashed by ''the man" to protect their profits

• Like 3

Just now, Should Know Betterer said:

I feel for you man, as others have said it's totally different for different people, CBD does nothing for me, kief does nothing for me, lord knows I've tried them all, I need the full entourage effect or I get nothing from it, even the oil I make regularly I find hmmm it's ok but nothing great whilst it puts mates into a coma hehe, whatever you do though don't write off cannabis use persevere and you should eventually be able to work out what works and what doesn't, for me cannabis has meant I'm not sitting here zombified dead inside from doctors pills and potions whilst still being in chronic pain. Sorry I can't offer any advice regards prescriptions etc other than weed in any form is better than doctors crap in any form, for me anyway, I hope you can find what works for you man, it saddens me that wether you agree or not that there's this whole world of natural medicine accessable to anyone squashed by ''the man" to protect their profits

Thank you. I did look into growing my own but it’s not really an option at the moment. I definitely don’t want to try and get any on the black market. Maybe I would do better with vaping, I’ll see what the doctor says next week.

Have you considered putting a couple of plants outside? 

Also it might be worthwhile trying out different CBD products that are readily available. 

Check out the CBD:CBG 2:1 from the big  river shop. 

Atb 

:yinyang:

• Like 2

Just now, Shumroom said:

Have you considered putting a couple of plants outside? 

Also it might be worthwhile trying out different CBD products that are readily available. 

Check out the CBD:CBG 2:1 from the big  river shop. 

Atb 

We have cats, so growing plants outside would worry me a bit, plus it’s illegal in the UK so I’m not sure I’d risk it. I think the Big River shop is in Canada?

@IndigoElectron I think you'll find that a high percentage of people on this site are in the UK, yes in the eyes of outdated antiquated laws it is illegal to grow your own meds in this country, but if you don't tell anyone about it then no one will know about it. 3 basic rules- no smell, no tell, no sell, and even if you were unfortunate enough to run foul of the popo my own personal lived experience tells me that in some areas as long as  you're not caught with thousands of plants being grown near a school or anything like that they really don't care and would rather leave you alone, that's the impression in my region anyway, SE. And regards legality excuse my language but fuck em mate, they don't live your life, you do, and if you're in pain physically or mentally it should be your fundamental human right to provide your own meds. That's my personal take on it, what's right and justified for me may not be right and justified for you. Through my growing my own meds I'm no longer having weekly visits to the doctor, I'm no longer permanently whacked off my tits on doctor prescribed opiates, I have a most therapeutic hobby involving nature and life.

Big River site is I believe how people refer to the Bezos money maker site, also with Bay of E's I believe, could be wrong I normally am mostly wrong apparently hehe. I hope you can come to terms with the laws etc and that your health and self can get involved with making your own medicine, it's one of the best steps I've ever taken health-wise.

• Like 5

@IndigoElectron I was actually thinking a little bit further afield than your own garden,

due to the antiquated laws here in the UK.

Yeah as @Should Know Betterer says,

we try not to say the word a m a z o n around here(doesn’t really need any free advertising),

also because we battle with our values and wish we could afford to shop elsewhere :starwars:

The bottles I’m referring to are 30ml with 1000mg CBD and 500mg of CBG(which might actually be better than CBD in many cases, but there are fewer studies on CBG and there aren’t many breeders working with suitable plants/genetics).

So CBG is usually more expensive and there’s less information available about it.

Good luck with regaining some control over your situation.

If you ever want to give me a shout you can @ me :) 

Or once your post count gets to 50 you’ll be able to private message me or any other members :yep:

Atb

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Shumroom said:

@IndigoElectron I was actually thinking a little bit further afield than your own garden,

due to the antiquated laws here in the UK.

Yeah as @Should Know Betterer says,

we try not to say the word a m a z o n around here(doesn’t really need any free advertising),

also because we battle with our values and wish we could afford to shop elsewhere :starwars:

The bottles I’m referring to are 30ml with 1000mg CBD and 500mg of CBG(which might actually be better than CBD in many cases, but there are fewer studies on CBG and there aren’t many breeders working with suitable plants/genetics).

So CBG is usually more expensive and there’s less information available about it.

Good luck with regaining some control over your situation.

If you ever want to give me a shout you can @ me :) 

Or once your post count gets to 50 you’ll be able to private message me or any other members :yep:

Atb

Ah, I get it now! I was confused because there’s an actual Big River site that sells CBD oil! I’ll take a look on the other ‘big river’ site. And thank you for the offer to message you, it’s very much appreciated.

• Like 2

On 4/11/2023 at 5:13 AM, IndigoElectron said:

Update - 1 month after starting. 

I’m feeling quite deflated. I had such high hopes but I’m not convinced the cannabis oil has made much difference to my sleep and anxiety. I gradually increased the dose but have almost run out of the CBD, and don’t want to buy any more as it’s so expensive.

I have my next appointment with Sapphire in a week’s time. I’m not sure whether to persevere. Any thoughts or advice welcome.

Sorry to hear ...

who knows what yer takin..my point is, unless you make it yourself or know the person.. you'll never know.

the price is what makes us,  make our own that is for sure,,,,,

try different strains...

I haven't tried CBD as I don't know how to make a batch other than to have all the cannabinoids in it..

its from what I make from the back yard

sleep is NEVER an issue.. or waking up in the middle of the night to pee.

Sleep is what everyone says it helps with.... but that's with thc

• Like 2

On 11/04/2023 at 10:13 AM, IndigoElectron said:

Update - 1 month after starting. 

I’m feeling quite deflated. I had such high hopes but I’m not convinced the cannabis oil has made much difference to my sleep and anxiety. I gradually increased the dose but have almost run out of the CBD, and don’t want to buy any more as it’s so expensive.

I have my next appointment with Sapphire in a week’s time. I’m not sure whether to persevere. Any thoughts or advice welcome.

Aww sorry to hear you're not getting the desired effects. I imagine they'll be up for letting you try vaping flowers. It's a much faster way to medicate and is easier to titrate to effective levels. You might find that a tiny microdose of flower every couple of hours works better for you than an oil dose, or not.

I think it would be interesting to see how you get on with something like the Khiron Caramel T5C7 for anxiety and maybe one of the heavier 'indica' strains for evening? It's a real shame there's no way to try before ordering!!! If you order a few little pots (5g, 10g) and a vape, then you'll have spent potentially over £100 on something that may not suit you but that's probably your best option.

You'll get nudged to grow your own here because that's the main theme of the site. Before 2018 there were a lot of brave and dedicated folks from these parts growing and preparing cannabis-based non-prescription medicine for ill people. There's a bit of a gulf between that ethic and the private healthcare companies with clinics and dispensaries in the UK. If our myopic politicians ever get around to loosening things up a bit like many others, then that gulf may soon be closed...

UK420 grow club anyone?

• Like 3

• 5 weeks later...

Thought I should pop on here to give an update! For the past couple of weeks I’ve been taking combined oil (hybrid/Indica full spectrum, containing 2% THC and 4% CBD), just 0.2 ml before bed (any more gives me a dry mouth).

I realised a few days ago that my anxiety has gone! I’m much happier and a lot more chilled out :D The other day our holiday got cancelled and rather than stressing about what to do, I sorted it out and rebooked a better one.

I almost can’t believe it. Cannabis really is a miracle plant! Just wish I’d discovered it sooner lol:P

• Like 9

@IndigoElectron good to hear mate stick with the cbd , usualy takes a month - 6 weeks to kick in, i use to buy,, but i grow my own now .

kind regards geogeo . have a nice holiday

• Like 4