New prescription, question about CBD/THC oil and dose

IndigoElectron

Hi, thanks for accepting me to the forum. I need some advice please.

I started medical cannabis 10 days ago, prescribed by the Sapphire Clinic. I have a history of anxiety, depression and insomnia and currently take sertraline, along with diazepam for when the anxiety gets bad. I want to try and come off these and replace them with cannabis oils.

My prescription is as follows:

Adven oil hybrid /indica (EMT2) full spectrum 20mg THC/ml 10 (TEN) millilitres0.05ml at night. Increase in steps of 0.05ml every 3-5 days according to tolerability and effect to a total daily maximum of 0.5ml in divided doses, if necessary.

Adven oil (EMC1) full spectrum 50mg CBD, <4mg THC/ml 30 (THIRTY) millilitres0.2 mls taken twice daily. If needed, increase in steps of 0.2 mls every 3-5 days according to tolerability and effect to a total daily maximum of 2 mls in divided doses.

I’m currently up to 0.5 ml of the CBD oil in the morning and afternoon, and 0.1 ml of the THC oil before bed. The THC is definitely helping me relax and sleep better, but I’m not getting on so well with the CBD. It seems to increase my heart rate and anxiety. This morning I took 0.05 ml of the THC along with the CBD. I’m still getting some negative side effects from the CBD.

My next appointment with Sapphire isn’t for another month. I’m not sure what to do in the meantime - whether to stick to their prescription or to keep adding the THC in the morning. I’m also not sure whether to increase the CBD dose - I don’t know whether this would help or make things worse!

I would be really grateful if anyone could share their thoughts and experiences.

Hi @IndigoElectron 

When it comes to cannabis,

different things work for different people.

You should probably try to stick with your plan though,

as you may find that the raised heart rate and accompanying anxiety will lessen over time as you get used to it.

Just make sure that you are in a nice calm headspace :) 

Have you tried any meditation and breathing exercises?

Atb

:yinyang:

• Like 7

As has been said.

EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT in how they are affected.

Different strains do different things to each individual. One strain will kill on person colon cancer where the same strain will not work on he next guy with the same cancer BUT another strain will..and they have been studying this here in CANADAH for 30 years and THEY DONT TALK ABOYT IT like Spain!

This is the one HUGE ISSUE with things like chemo and radiation, As they work THE SAME on every person!

Sadly here are not many doctors willing to work with their patient ...you have to try different things for yourself.

I gave .007 to the wife thinking she'd be ok..welll sent her on a mission for a day and a half ..oooops..

Another tinny girl @ 90 pounds I know took 1000 ml each day to start,,,,:eek:and after a week she was fine. taking more than a couple grams a day

Her over weight BF took .25 ml and was on the couch for a day.

Id suggest trying different strains at different amounts, his will take time for sure but i feel you will have success.

I do know that some meds interact with cannabis..Like Benso's.... they don't go well together,

have seen people smoke pure cbd to clam anxiety....stuffs not cheap though...

Edited by gb1
  • Like 6

Yes that is strange, I had very similar symptoms/dx to you but I had the opposite experience with CBD and THC. I didn't use oils though.

I like the balanced effect of 1:1 strains. It's all in my head of course, which I have found to be a mixed bag so I even take my own experience with a pinch of salt. lol sorry, I just medicated the very last of last month's prescription. Loads of keif in it and I think I may have overdosed hahaha

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Shumroom said:

Hi @IndigoElectron 

When it comes to cannabis,

different things work for different people.

You should probably try to stick with your plan though,

as you may find that the raised heart rate and accompanying anxiety will lessen over time as you get used to it.

Just make sure that you are in a nice calm headspace :) 

Have you tried any meditation and breathing exercises?

Atb

Thank you for replying. I think you’re right about sticking to the original prescription. If I’m not feeling any better by my next appointment, I’ll see what the doctor says.

• Like 4

Just now, IndigoElectron said:

Thank you for replying. I think you’re right about sticking to the original prescription. If I’m not feeling any better by my next appointment, I’ll see what the doctor says.

Oh, and good advice about the meditation and breathing exercises. That does usually help.

• Like 1

Just now, gb1 said:

As has been said.

EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT in how they are affected.

Different strains do different things to each individual. One strain will kill on person colon cancer where the same strain will not work on he next guy with the same cancer BUT another strain will..and they have been studying this here in CANADAH for 30 years and THEY DONT TALK ABOYT IT like Spain!

This is the one HUGE ISSUE with things like chemo and radiation, As they work THE SAME on every person!

Sadly here are not many doctors willing to work with their patient ...you have to try different things for yourself.

I gave .007 to the wife thinking she'd be ok..welll sent her on a mission for a day and a half ..oooops..

Another tinny girl @ 90 pounds I know took 1000 ml each day to start,,,,:eek:and after a week she was fine. taking more than a couple grams a day

Her over weight BF took .25 ml and was on the couch for a day.

Id suggest trying different strains at different amounts, his will take time for sure but i feel you will have success.

I do know that some meds interact with cannabis..Like Benso's.... they don't go well together,

have seen people smoke pure cbd to clam anxiety....stuffs not cheap though...

Thanks for the reply. The doctor said the same thing, that responses to cannabis are very individual and it’s trial and error to see what works.

I’m still taking the sertraline but haven’t had any diazepam since starting cannabis 10 days ago, as I was worried about interactions between them. I guess it’s a sign that the cannabis probably is helping, at least at night.

• Like 4

Just now, iShouldCoCo said:

Yes that is strange, I had very similar symptoms/dx to you but I had the opposite experience with CBD and THC. I didn't use oils though.

I like the balanced effect of 1:1 strains. It's all in my head of course, which I have found to be a mixed bag so I even take my own experience with a pinch of salt. lol sorry, I just medicated the very last of last month's prescription. Loads of keif in it and I think I may have overdosed hahaha

Thank you, and I hope you’re okay!

It is strange. I was expecting the CBD to relax me, and was more worried that the THC would make me anxious. It’s completely the opposite!

• Like 1

I wonder if they mixed up the labels by mistake?

I’m assuming they both came from the same place.

Atb

• Like 4

Just now, Shumroom said:

Atb

Gosh, I hope not! The CBD doesn’t make me feel high at all, and the THC makes me relaxed and drowsy, so I’m assuming they’re the right way round.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, IndigoElectron said:

Thank you, and I hope you’re okay!

It is strange. I was expecting the CBD to relax me, and was more worried that the THC would make me anxious. It’s completely the opposite!

Everything is fine now, I was handed a cheese and kimchi sourdough sandwich!

Have you ever tried high CBD flower?

• Like 1

Just now, iShouldCoCo said:

Everything is fine now, I was handed a cheese and kimchi sourdough sandwich!

Have you ever tried high CBD flower?

That sounds lush!

I have very little experience of cannabis prior to this prescription. Smoked it a few times when I was younger but don’t remember it being anything special. I also had it in tea a couple of times, which turned into a horrible experience I wouldn’t ever want to repeat!

• Like 2

Yes, that is probably a major difference between us! I didn't stop... So I had a pretty high tolerance. I wasn't sure if you were experienced. You'll have zero tolerance so it's good to start low and slow. This CBD issue will be something you can discuss with your Dr at your next consultation. If you're concerned about just stopping the CBD oil until then, you could speak to a nurse at the clinic anytime usually.

• Like 4

On 2023-03-25 at 10:50 AM, Shumroom said:

Atb

labels mean shit most times..like here when hey say its 21% THC ..from where? bottom top or middle of the plant?? and it is not an average and by right should not be allowed for sale as its not what is being sold ffs..crazy shit..

,,,most times..unless you do it yourself ..you;ll never know

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Update - 1 month after starting. 

I’m feeling quite deflated. I had such high hopes but I’m not convinced the cannabis oil has made much difference to my sleep and anxiety. I gradually increased the dose but have almost run out of the CBD, and don’t want to buy any more as it’s so expensive.

I have my next appointment with Sapphire in a week’s time. I’m not sure whether to persevere. Any thoughts or advice welcome.

• Like 3