Shelf life on nutrients

mikeydoughnut

Ey up. Found some growers ark bloom A&B and some Xtra traces. Obviously nowt organic in there to go off. About 3/4’s of a bockle of each. Be a shame to throw.

Might get another week or two from my intense nutes then I’m on to powdered. Being familiar with GA it’d just make the last few weeks less stressful innit.

e2a they’ve been open probably 8/9 months or summat.

Edited by mikeydoughnut

I did a grow with 15 year old canna a&b in poundland coco in the loft, seemed fine to me! Iirc it was my first 1g/w+ grow!

• Like 2

lol @iShouldCoCo … Was it a vintage year? lol 

Aye fuck it I’ll give it a go. I know it won’t have gone off like but wasn’t sure if it lost any potency or whatever over time once yer crack the lid.

Edited by mikeydoughnut
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mikeydoughnut said:

lol @iShouldCoCo … Was it a vintage year? lol 

Aye fuck it I’ll give it a go. I know it won’t have gone off like but wasn’t sure if it lost any potency or whatever over time once yer crack the lid.

It really was! I didn't even pay for it originally, it was all samples from an expo. I actually got the full range inc additives for nowt! It just took me over a decade to get out of the mud...

I think as you say, nothing organic in them usually so should be all good.

• Like 1

As long as they've been stored above 4-5°c and out of direct sunlight they'll be spot on :thumsup:

Massive swings in temps and direct sunlight can denature nutes causing all sorts of antagonisms between ingredients and or the chelated minerals just drop out and form a sludge layer at the bottom of the bottle.

:yinyang:

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, BilgePump said:

sludge layer at the bottom of the bottle.

So sludge isn’t a good sign? I’ll crack the lids later n have a look see what it’s like. 

5 minutes ago, KC said:

It's like a fine wine lol 

I think fine wine is cheaper these days lol It’d save me money watering them with a nice 10 year old Chablis. 

• Like 1

@mikeydoughnut I spend far more on wine if i'm honest lol :blushing: 

Nutes don't cost me much, 5ltr tubs are pretty good money wise. This powdered stuff might be worth a look though, I'm up for saving money when possible like everyone else. Old nutes are fine usually, chem ones, just give it a good stir.

• Like 1

I’m tee total … last time I went out for a drink I think Stones Bitter was the popular tipple lol 

it’s funny you say that I’m just starting on the powdered stuff :) I’ll give the GA a vigorous shake. Cheers bud

• Like 1