Looking for an e-rig for concentrates

green_machine

@dreamer420 I don't think there is a forum discount at RVS but his prices are pretty competitive.

I really like the idea of an enail at home so the slurpe-e is going to be the route I go for an at-home dab solution, probably in a 14mm size unless there is a reason to go smaller. I will probably wait for a week or 2 for the 420 sales, I noticed that some of the stores have already started to offer discounts. In terms of a PID for the moment I will probably just get an adapter so I can use it with my existing pid. Longer term I will get a dedicated omron once I can source one from china.

I will still need to sort out a portable option even though I know there are issues with it but the core is still on the list. I'm unsure of the ispire daab, I saw the wand try and use induction heating to do dabs and it did not work at all so I'm not sure if they improved this for the daab?

For times when I want/need to be subtle I will grab a lightning pen.

10 hours ago, green_machine said:

I will still need to sort out a portable option even though I know there are issues with it but the core is still on the list. I'm unsure of the ispire daab, I saw the wand try and use induction heating to do dabs and it did not work at all so I'm not sure if they improved this for the daab?

For times when I want/need to be subtle I will grab a lightning pen.

Have you considered the mod driven portables. Dtv5 is a great bit of kit. 

The LP is great for subtle hits but the bucket is tiny. 

• Like 2

So having searched the dtv5, that’s the bit that goes on top, how do you know what’s decent to put it onto, like the battery pack and brain unit?

As you can tell I’m not that clued up yet lol

• Like 1

As dreamer said, I have looked at those mod box atomisers but I don't have a clue how to use them or a mod so I have generally stayed away from stuff like that, although I am up for learning. 

Doesn't the core 2.0 use the DTv5 atomiser as well?

I have a DTv4 (quartz quest) with a polished SiC dish, which has served me well 

Ideally you want a box mod with a control chip that's been out of production for a while now, that you can put the Arctic Fox open source firmware on  

The compatibility list and instructions are here https://docs.google.com/document/d/1uF5xCzg-8LqbiCwom5oKJWhIBnt7COsrCWytwYN5Yfk/edit#heading=h.m4zbh0dx4u9e

Or a box mod with a DNA chip inside

For the Auto Fire and long puff timeout abilities 

• Like 1

I came close to pulling the trigger on a lightning pen this morning but I ended up going with the JCVAP pockety instead. They have already started a 420 discount so I managed to get the quartz unit for £121 with delivery.

I have also managed to find a wismec predator mod and ordered one so I will probably try and grab a DTv5 as well the plan is to use this as my discrete unit.

I will update you once it has arrived.

• Like 3

Yea I emailed recommended vape supplies and he’s given a 5% code for the forum, would I post it here..? 

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
On 27/03/2023 at 4:08 PM, green_machine said:

I came close to pulling the trigger on a lightning pen this morning but I ended up going with the JCVAP pockety instead. They have already started a 420 discount so I managed to get the quartz unit for £121 with delivery.

I have also managed to find a wismec predator mod and ordered one so I will probably try and grab a DTv5 as well the plan is to use this as my discrete unit.

I will update you once it has arrived.

Any updates? The pockety has quite a following on FC. I use my dtv5 on a regular basis and it still hits hard. Did you get one?

• 3 weeks later...
On 24/03/2023 at 10:36 AM, green_machine said:

I have always used a torch and banger for my concentrates and in general, I've been pretty happy with this. My one complaint is that it can be a little unreliable and I am constantly either underheating or overheating.

I have been thinking about getting an e-rig in the hope that this might be an easier and better setup, but I am a little baffled by the choices available and so I thought I would check to see what other people are using.

I have been looking at the DT/SC Core 2.0, the puffco proxy, the JCVAP pokety and a full enail with a pid and coil but I am open to other suggestions.

Torch dabs are the best, gold standard for dabs imo. Just buy a Terpometer to accurately read your bangers temp. I've tried all the examples you gave and they don't compare to a torch dab imo. The pockety is an excellent device and is great to have as a back up. The DT V5 is excellent for portable concentrate use. They are not as good as a quality banger and torch.