Looking for an e-rig for concentrates

green_machine

I have always used a torch and banger for my concentrates and in general, I've been pretty happy with this. My one complaint is that it can be a little unreliable and I am constantly either underheating or overheating.

I have been thinking about getting an e-rig in the hope that this might be an easier and better setup, but I am a little baffled by the choices available and so I thought I would check to see what other people are using.

I have been looking at the DT/SC Core 2.0, the puffco proxy, the JCVAP pokety and a full enail with a pid and coil but I am open to other suggestions.

• Like 1

If you go full enail I preferred the omron pid controlled versions over the generic usual ones. I also see people have some issues with puffco relating to the board which can be fixed ok .

• Like 1

I'd go enail controller and an auto spinner, or a standard bucket (and spinner carb cap and balls) or a slurp-e (enail terp slurper) 

Then you can buy other coils, later, for a baller vape setup, or other buckets, auto spinners, e-slurpers or slurp-es or whatever comes next.

The all in one things like the Core look nice altho they confuse and annoy me to be honest as I can't tell which ones genuinely temp control and let you select any temp you like.

I haven't tried it but I think the Daab ticks my boxes, for example.

• Like 1

I had read about the issues with puffco so I was a bit wary of going with the peak or proxy so it is good to have that confirmed.

I was also worried about the temp control on the core, they offer 4 different settings but all seemed to low or too high for me.

I guess that only leaves me with the enail option then.

@Arthur Mix those Omron pids look amazing but where can you get them from? I don't think I have ever seen one, only the aubers or standard chinese ones (which is what I have).

@Hippie on hill i've seen the 710 coils e-slurpers and they do look nice, do you know if their cols will work with a qaroma shop pid or will I need to get a new pid?

@green_machine mine was from greenlight vapes aka G9 vapes from China. There also Gimido maybe  but talk before you buy don’t pay what sites says 

Edited by Arthur Mix
Add
  • Like 1

There's a couple of conventions for the enail wiring 

XLR or DEN connector 

And the pin layout 

Some say they wire them "Industry Standard Pin Config - AC Load [1], AC Neutral [2], TC+ [3], TC - [4], Ground [5] " 

which I think of as the American way as Cannabis Hardware, Auber, Disorderly Conduct, Dnail... use that wiring.

Whereas the Chinese wire them  1 -TC, 2 +TC, 3 Ground, 4 AC, 5 AC  (qshop, high5 and generic Chinese PIDs)

All good vendors will help you ID what you have/need 

(b2cvape on aliexpress, for example, had me unscrew the XLR connector to check and will wire them as you wish)

and you can also buy conversion adapter cables now anyways 

Terp Slurpers are very tasty but can be a bit of a faff to clean and reload compared to a standard bucket btw as you need to mop inside and out so you need some tweezers or a jewellers grab or something to pick out the middle ball and whatever you've got in the lower tube before you can wipe it out.

• Like 2

@Military Grade what dab pen do you use mate? I had a puffco but didn't really like it so it got given away. I have heard good things about the lightning pen but haven't tried it yet, I was thinking about picking up one of these as they are pretty cheap.

• Like 1

I just got a cheap Linx Ember, does the job but there better models that have been released since that have coil-less bowls for less waste residue.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, green_machine said:

@Military Grade I have heard good things about the lightning pen but haven't tried it yet, I was thinking about picking up one of these as they are pretty cheap.

LP excellent. Small bucket driven pen. One hit wonder with excellent taste.

Recommended vape solutions has them in stock. 

• Like 1

Just had a look recommended vape supplies is out of stock on the lightning pen, but they have a coil king aromatherapy pen, for £27!

Worth a punt maybe…

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Dreamer420 said:

Just had a look recommended vape supplies is out of stock on the lightning pen, but they have a coil king aromatherapy pen, for £27!

Worth a punt maybe…

They are in stock! Both black and silver. 

I have the coil king. I don't touch it now. I'm not a fan of coils as v difficult to clean. The LP is much better imo.

Good luck 

• Like 3

I didn’t commit to anything yet. It showed as out of stock to me, I’ll check again. Do they do a forum discount?

Nooooooo

You don't want the concentrate in contact with the coil imo as it will scorch a little each time you use it and taste yukky pretty quick.

And would be better off just using ecig vaping cotton in a weed vape imo

Something with a bucket would be better than a direct contact device

The Motar, Crystal, Orbit and Quarta are all quite cheap non temp control options 

Temp controlled bucket things are better tho