Light options now that Adam has closed up shop

Stig_Baasvik

Hi hi folks,  so in the aftermath of Adam ceasing trading (gutting news, my plan had been to get everything from him - a damn shame.), where does a total newb go for advice on lights and where to get them?

• Like 1

There's enough led users on here to give some advice but for a lot of us, we've probably only used one led. I know a few users have multiple units though. As for where to get them then I'd say just use the growshop local if they stock it, if not look for one of the more reputable online shops. A good way to protect yourself is to use a credit card when making large purchases as you do get some protection if things go wrong.

What size space are you trying to light? that's always a good start. Then what sort of money you'd like to spend.

• Like 2

Cheers KC. 

I”m gonna be sensible and start with a 4x4 space. My plan is to start there and work upwards if I chose to make a second grow bay in the future.  

lamenting the loss of a great site sponsor, it’s heartbreaking after all of the work Adam went to.

• Like 2

I have to sympathise with you, Adam really did offer great lights and a second to none customer service.

Adam gave me alot of reassurance after my previous bad experience of  (crap Chinese blurple, waste of money) leds and I originally got two scope 275s off him and then a par+ 480 at nearly give away price after a robbery that i couldn't turn down.

I also got a migro aray 2 for a mother and clone tent also purchased off Adam, so that may be an option although I haven't flowered under it so can't say how good they are for flower but seems a well enough built unit.

It is a shame to say the least, but just don't rush in have a look about here and see what others are using and have a bit of experience with and take it from there.

I think there's another site sponsor doing leds but I never really looked elsewhere after buying off Adam.

Best of luck with whatever you choose to go with. :bong:

• Like 4

If you search for Uk ac infinity distributor that’s who I used for my hlg they also do ac infinty lighting .

• Like 6

There are many LED Hydroponic lighting places you can <<search engine>> for. Don't buy from Amazon and you should be OK.

Look at your budget, look for good quality LED chips, good quality drivers & good quantifiable reviews. Talk to local distributors, are they helpful/know anything?

I bought two Solarflare 100W Samsung/Tureful driven quantum boards a few years ago and i love them.

• Like 1

Thanks all for the replies.  

Migro for lights and ac infinity for fan and filter is likely where I’ll start. I’ve been on the site for a fair while, reading and admiring grows.  I intend to go back through some and make more detailed notes on successful set ups, grow room design, lighting etc. etc.

Shan’t need a tent, plan is to build my own space.  I hope to be sensible in my design to allow it to expand as required. 

I'm lucky (for a warped sense of the word) that I have a decent space I can work with, without having to worry about moving the set up. 

• Like 4

Im using Mars Hydro FC E range, its my first grow light / grow and it seems to be doing the job fine, probably better lights but will be alot more money, i cant compair it to anything else however

• Like 2

hi mate, just a couple of pointers -

if ur doing a 1.2m2, you have, well there's other options but the 2 I want to point out are

a choice of a approx 480W LED, or if u really want to up ur yield, 600W LED [the bar-type - better coverage]

the 600W units are approx 1150mm square, which cover the 1.2m2 area perfect, versus 900mm square for the 480W units

(i went the 480W route, but want to upgrade to 600's)

mystic

• Like 2

Yeah I've used them a couple of times for AC Infinity stuff that I couldn't get anywhere else. Fast turnaround and 5% off for bank transfers; every little bit counts :D 

• Like 4

Many thanks everyone. Some things to think about and a few bits of research to do.  

hoping I’ll be up and running end of May, beginning of June. Not gonna put pressure on myself though.  It’ll happen when it happens.

• Like 2

On 23/03/2023 at 11:04 PM, Arthur Mix said:

If you search for Uk ac infinity distributor that’s who I used for my hlg they also do ac infinty lighting .

Just bought my s4 & controller 69 pro from there. I mentioned sponsor hole, they seemed to think it would be too pricey tho.

• Like 1