Can I switch from HPS to LED

Unclechro

10 minutes ago, Unclechro said:

what sort of fan and where I coukd place them,

I dangle a couple of PC fans from opposing corners in my drobe.

• Like 2
13 hours ago, Unclechro said:

That's a really interesting idea for the colder months to draw that warmth down rather than up, never heard of that but makes complete sense, great idea.

its no only an idea....it done here a lot in holland with led :) 

also in a normal livingroom with say central heating....measure the temp at floor...half way say 1.40 meter....and near ceiling....

most high temp is top ofcourse.....so that you inlet temp... :) ...

do it your self...and see what temps you get... :) ...a big difference...

Edited by DutchFox

@Unclechro My small tent setup uses 2 pairs of Eluteng 120mm 12v 1A computer fans (originally recommended by @MindSoup, they have been in use for over a year 24/7 and have been faultless). 1 pair above light blowing down and afixed below and to the tent top frame.

large.P9190850.JPG

1 pair mounted to wooden back panel fitted between frame vertical members, providing above screen circulation.

large.P9230852.JPG

At below screen low level is a single fixed speed Eluteng 120mm USB case fan. This is just rested in the pot, against the frame and is moved aside for watering.

large.P3261277.JPG

large.P3261278.JPG

large.P3231271.JPG

• Like 5
23 hours ago, Unclechro said:

tower fan tucked in a corner

ive tried it, the oscillating mechanism broke on mine, but I had modified the base to be smaller, I think it might of tipped & gone against something all night, me not noticing for hours (what's that really small insignificant new weird noise in the background - then in the morning realising it was the fan breaking itself...)

others on here have hung the tower fan horizontal on bungee cords

if you have the room is the thing

ive also modified a room-type pedestal fan, to have an 'L' base, instead of an 'X' - so it fits in a corner

or you can do away with the base altogether, just balance the metal pole that the fan is on, it goes down to the floor, & you secure the top to the corner tent pole with a rigid fixing (think a bodged bit of thin wood with 2 bendy metal straps, screwed to the wood & around the poles. works for me)

or the other option is the couple of tent pole fans, ac infinity or secret garden monkey fan oscillating

mystic

• Like 2