The old shitty sock

Underdog

I know back in the day if someone came across your plot and meant no harm they'd leave a shitty sock or just a sock on a stick at your plot lol.

Has anyone actually done this? And would you even want someone to do it?

For example if I came across your plot, would you want me to put a sock on a stick so you know I've found it and everything is cool, or would you prefer I just left and never came back?

I'm not actually sure what I'd prefer.

• Like 1

I'd want to know if my spots were compromised, the sock tek is the nicest way to find out I imagine.

It's a little bit like my scouting method but backwards... I staple a fiver somewhere obvious in potential plots and see if it gets swiped

:yinyang:

• Like 5

Cameras are the way had a site a few of the same strain where gone out the cages Didnt fancy carrying on with that site . Put camera out caught bastard deer plucking them out the cages not sure of the truth of it but couple gg lads I know locally said if plots where found the filth was putting trail cameras up to see who was growing it. 

• Like 2

@Devon Cream wonder if theres frequency jammers that could scramble the cam , a bit like the old phone jammers .

gotta stay one step ahead of these sneaky filth

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Shumroom said:

Just get yer chap out and have a quick toss,

the trail cam will do the rest lol

Atb

Hahaha can you imagine someone checking their trail camera and see some bloke tugging one out. lol

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BilgePump said:

I'd want to know if my spots were compromised, the sock tek is the nicest way to find out I imagine.

It's a little bit like my scouting method but backwards... I staple a fiver somewhere obvious in potential plots and see if it gets swiped

Yeah I used the fiver technique. Problem is, if its a ripper who uses uk420, they'd leave it and come back near harvest time.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CheechChongReturns said:

@Devon Cream wonder if theres frequency jammers that could scramble the cam , a bit like the old phone jammers .

gotta stay one step ahead of these sneaky filth

you need to have them on your ofline cam first   .....:)

if the cam is gone....you know enough...

sure there are jammers....but they can use off-line cams too

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ch@ppers said:

Socks are old fashioned and don't transmit sound or image. large.Screenshot_20220712_202939.jpglarge.Screenshot_20220712_202927.jpglarge.Screenshot_20220712_202915.jpglarge.Screenshot_20220712_202901.jpglarge.Screenshot_20220712_202848.jpg

Oh I agree a trail cam is much better. Would someone leaving a sock out your mind at ease a bit more though? Rather than just seeing them come on your plot?

Just now, Underdog said:

Yeah I used the fiver technique. Problem is, if its a ripper who uses uk420, they'd leave it and come back near harvest time.

kniwing my luck be a snobby ripper leaving fivers for higher value notes over looking the £5 and returning for the total crop in September lol 

• Like 2

leave a wallet and a couple of coins...say 10 euro....on your plot......and some fake papers like supermarket notes of someone else  :) 

if its gone....you know enough.... :) 

never heard about socks here... :)...found enough abandoned plots....cost me fortune of socks... :) 

Edited by DutchFox
  • Like 1

Just now, Underdog said:

Oh I agree a trail cam is much better. Would someone leaving a sock out your mind at ease a bit more though? Rather than just seeing them come on your plot?

No, I would rather know who, when, why than just find a sock and the uncertainty of it, with cams you know. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Underdog said:

yes all rippers are lazy growers im sure.....or frustrated...

• Like 1