UVB UVA Tube

Goohfy

Had my uv tube running 1 .5 hour middle of lights on tried to go 2 hours and 3 plants are not happy at all so just a word of warning if you’re going to run uv keep your eye on them because I only upped it for two days and three plants where not happy at all started to burn will put pics up later. The others seem fine different strains different phenotypes bastards.peace Goohfy.

I run uv last four weeks and run two hours each day . Grown 9 different strains with no problems sounds I may have been lucky I’m soon changing to two migro units instead.

• Like 1

I thought extra UV-B was best used during vegetative growth (I could be wrong).

I think decent LED manufacturers dial this in nowadays.

I don't think I'd bother with a separate UV bulb I think the money spent growing a crop could be used better elsewhere.

IMHO.

Didn't You only want one UV type for later flower? A or B I can't remember.

Edited by Military Grade

21 hours ago, Shumroom said:

@Goohfy What make and wattage of UV tube did you get?

Are your plants in bloom or veggin?

Atb

:yinyang:

Micro uvb.Flower last two weeks I wouldn’t use it in veg personally.peace Goohfy.MIGRO NOT MICRO HA HA 18 watts 

Edited by Goohfy
  • Like 2

Looked into cheaper ones which now I think would of done the trick.I think they are very strain dependent I.e some plants can take the stresses better than others but that’s my fault running multiple strains in same groom ah well you live and learn.peace Goohfy.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Lux_Interior said:

I thought extra UV-B was best used during vegetative growth (I could be wrong).

I think decent LED manufacturers dial this in nowadays.

I don't think I'd bother with a separate UV bulb I think the money spent growing a crop could be used better elsewhere.

IMHO.

I wouldn’t use it in veg personally I recon it would frazzle em and I am not sure what benefit it would give.peace Goohfy.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Goohfy said:

I wouldn’t use it in veg personally I recon it would frazzle em and I am not sure what benefit it would give.peace Goohfy.

I was thinking more established late vegetative stage, vigorous growth, mimicking the height of summer light levels then ease-off when flowering starts to get established.

I'm probably a mile off. I have no personal experience of using UV lights.

Yeah uv increases thc and terpenes in late flower stage.Up to 35% more thc and terps.

Edited by Goohfy
  • Like 1

Just now, Goohfy said:

Yeah uv increases thc and terpenes in late flower stage.

Thc increase was noticeably more for sure 

• Like 1