Hydrosol

mikeydoughnut

Got me sen the A&B from’t big river. £17. Anyone any experience of using it? Owt quirky about it or owt or super straightforward?

• Like 1

I've been using it in coco for a good few goes now and I'm currently experimenting with a little "micro mish mash" setup too (a la Stu).

Put the kettle on to mix part B.

I'm in soft water and don't need calmag.

• Like 1

Been using it since lockdown , wont go back to Canna etc, im in coir , going to run it nft for giggles as not done nft for decades :)

Edited by Personunknown
  • Like 1

I’ve been looking at the feed chart @Personunknown have you followed/consulted it at all? I noticed the chart gives unequal measures of A&B which until recently I didn’t know was a thing. So I’m happy to just jump in like but any lickle bits of user feedback are always nice eh :) 

@mikeydoughnut the canna specific one that goes 5ml per ltrA 3.5ml per ltr B for seedlings then finishes flowering at 7.5ml and 9 ml  seems to work well for me in soft water , i have added cal/mag when needed Atb

• Like 1

Aye that’s the one I’ve seen @Personunknown. I was in hard water but summat odd is going on. When I started with coco my water was 0.6 it’s now 0.3 :thumbdown: … was going to get their calmag too to push it back up a point but im hoping it’ll go back to normal sooner rather than later 

• Like 1

I've been using Hydrosol for a couple of years now and certainly wouldn't go back to premixed liquid nutes. I'm in a moderately hard water area and grow in coco, hand watering. I just follow the standard feed chart and the results have always been excellent. You use more of the 'A' in veg because that provides more nitrogen to the plants, then more 'B' in flower to provide more potassium. I also use the same nutrients to grow vegetables (mainly tomatoes) outside in summer, for that I just use a straight 50/50 mix of the A and B parts.

There is a video on the Hydrocrop website showing how to prepare the solutions from the powders. If you use lukewarm (not hot) water the powders dissolve faster. Sal

Edited by greengal
  • Like 3

@mikeydoughnut  As I understand it, the standard feed chart - the one that finishes flowering on 7.5ml part A and 9 ml part B, is recommended for photos. The light feed chart is recommended for autos. Sal

Cheers @greengal :) I’ve bookmarked the webpage with that there standard chart. I can do my feed mix without even checking, even though I do so just to be sure. I’m moving over just to save money. I’ll be fine, just don’t like change if I can avoid it. I’ve got some cuttings almost ready to pot so I’ll give it a go at weekend. 

• Like 1

Been using Hydrasol for just over 2years with good results, I don't use any other additves at all bar H2O2 for green alge if I need it. I run hempies and start at 50% strength 5ml of A+B per litre, then increase thru veg up to 10ml A+B per litre at flip. 10-12 days into flower I start decreasing the A down to 8.5ml per litre and B up to 11-12ml per litre. Never having used any other hydro nutes I can't make a comparison but compared to my efforts with soil the harvests have increased by at least 40% I reckon and I was always fairly happy with my yields. I take on average 350g from a 70cmx60cm cupboard under a 200W LED and can't see if I would improve by using high end nutes. It's definitely worth a pop for the cost.

when I say 5ml or 10ml I mean of the stock solutions that you make from the powders at 100g to a litre, a tip...weigh your water rather than measure in jugs, 3 jugs indoors all were out by a bit either side. so I tare jug, add 1kg/1000g of warm water, tare scales again add 100g of powder and mix. Keeps it nice and consistent.

Edited by babybloomer
  • Like 3

I keep meaning to have a go at hempies. I will definitely get around to it sometime soon. :rolleyes:

I’ve used ‘high end’ nutes in the past, Canna and Shogun. I haven’t done any scientific side by side comparisons, but my grows seem just as good since switching. I would say considerably better sometimes, but I’m not sure if that’s the Hydrosol nutes or just less complications due to not using any supplements now. Definitely saved very serious £'s over the months. Sal

You should try them, so easy to set up, nearly 100% reuseable medium. no dirt and very little mess. Not gonna suit everyone but if you're getting on a bit or not so able or just plain lazy it's a good grow option.And with using hydrasol and nothing else makes for an easy life.The girls practically grow themselves, from seed to harvest in same 5litre pot. Just gotta keep an eye on growth as they become trees very quickly in hempies.

• Like 1

Definitely a 5 litre pot. I'm using the 5litre water bottles from the supermarket painted black, they generally yield 2-3oz each

• Like 2