led swap

mimosa man

i haven’t used leds before i’m looking for an led equivalent of a 600watt hps for a straight swap if any one has any idea and are the as good as hps 

i was thinking quantum board samsung leds 

I'd say 400w of decent led will yield about the same as a 600w hps. Imo led lighting pisses all over hps nowadays, I can't imagine going back to the old style lighting myself. Don't get too hung up on the brand of the leds themselves, many of the big name lights don't use Samsung, there are others on the market, Bridglux, Seoul and Cree are some that come to mind. I'm sure there are plenty of others too.

What sort of space are you trying to cover? Sometimes it's worth looking into multiple units instead of one big one. There's certainly plenty of choice out there now and the prices have seem to have dropped considerably in the last 2 years.

I doubt you'll look back once you get one :geek:

• Like 8

8 hours ago, mimosa man said:

led equivalent of a 600watt

for a 1.2m2 - maxibright 480W pro OR lumatek 465W pro [2.9 - dont bother with the 2.7]

edit- u said quantum boards, the above are bars...

mystic

Edited by mysticriver
  • Like 2

thank you  for the reply’s i was looking at the maxi and lumayek  the other day in the grow shop  one used your ballast ? they seemed to not put out much heat which is what i want coming to warmer months extra fans and air con is a pain i the arse but i take what the say with a pinch a salt normally lol

i will still have some hps at first so will likely run together to start 

id be looking at a 680w led in there myself.

like said , if your used to using 600watts, just enjoy the yeild increase and lower temps

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Fatboy77 said:

What size tent?  If it’s 1.2x1.2m I'd want about 550w of led.  The tents capable of pulling 1kg, so get a light that can do it.

id struggle with the strains i run to get the 1kg in 1.2x1.2 id normally run 4 plants in that space at around 4.5 0z a plant under a 600w hps 3 week veg between 7-8 week flower depending on what i put in 

i’ve seen lumi black 720 w today uses the ballast i already have are they any good ? thanks 

Edited by mimosa man

I was in your position last year, have a read through my thread, some good answers to some of my questions were answered and it helped tremendously.

Vill

ps. link in my signature :)

• Like 3

@Fatboy77 what do you recon is the best led on the market at the moment? The newer Diablo or something else? Does it differ at all between the home and commercial grower? Sorry OP @mimosa man 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ned The Head said:

@Fatboy77 what do you recon is the best led on the market at the moment? The newer Diablo or something else? Does it differ at all between the home and commercial grower? Sorry OP @mimosa man 

id like to know aswell mate 

2 hours ago, The Villan said:

I was in your position last year, have a read through my thread, some good answers to some of my questions were answered and it helped tremendously.

Vill

ps. link in my signature :)

link in signature ? i’m lost mate how do i get that up thanks 

2 hours ago, Fatboy77 said:

Not a clue on the lumi 720.  Overkill for that space too.

Most strains will produce, trying to optimise space will save you readies with leccy bills so high.

Led's are much more productive that hps.  The 600w zeus I use can grow more weed than you could fit in a 4x4, not much point going much bigger on the light, you can't fit the dope in!

the space is 2x1 mate i may use one 720 bring electric down  and run some co2 ? 

Edited by mimosa man

14 hours ago, Ned The Head said:

best led on the market

i not know if it has changed, but chilLED (USA brand) have some real good led's - high efficiency

they're 300W had a similar PAR output to one of my ~450-watters

mystic

• Like 1

17 hours ago, mimosa man said:

4 plants in that space at around 4.5 0z a plant u

similar here bro under the maxi & lumatek

well I say lumatek, but thats gone to the veg tent, there's a PAR+v1 550W in its place now. same thing

mystic

• Like 1

I have a perpetual grow in a 1.2 x 1.2.

I have 4 plants in there in 20L pots, individually scrogged. 

I am using a diy 450w led using Samsung strips.

I average 6-7oz per plant.

• Like 2