Me Old Mam

Wag

lollol That must’ve been great fun.. @blerie420 

Environmental change has to be the #1 cause of genetic drifting with old cuts? I guess we’ll have to wait a while yet, but it would be interesting to compare tissue culture vs mum over the same window of time.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Smokey McBongface said:

Environmental change has to be the #1 cause of genetic drifting with old cuts?

It's infection with a reversion virus according to OT1:

Some of the quotes I have read in High Times saying that you get genetic degeneration by keeping mother plants long term, this is total rubbish!

Degeneration can certainly occur if a mother plant gets infected with a reversion virus. I will cover this later! The grass produced today from our mother plants is just as potent and smells just as good as when it was first grown out from seed many years ago. In fact it is better now, we have better lighting and superior growing techniques, allowing the clones to express their potential more fully.

from http://www.cannabase.com/cl/pages/clones/clones.html

• Like 3

Here you go a very haggard & old looking UGORG Blues mum that’s not even 2 years old yet but has had to go through a few less than ideal conditions mainly being under lit when I was still trying to cram them all under the old T5’s and looked on the brink of death at one point but has regained some of her vigour and strengthened back up some what since I changed the light she was under.

Lots of dead wood on her if you look closely…

large.C2945F9E-D60C-45F5-BCE1-CDDF23237B5A.jpeg

• Like 11

That's really gnarly for it's age! Nice and compact too, I can never keep mine that short but I think it's because I have so many jammed in a small space competing for the meagre lighting.

• Like 1

I don’t know why but out of my 4 mothers the Blues one always ends up looking like that, I have a Psychosis of the exact same age and the stems on that don’t look anything like the Blues and they are always kept together in the same space.

It doesn’t really seem to affect her though as I have flowered one out looking like that and it still grew into a massive monster.

• Like 2

im starting to see they grow quite quick as well (im new with photoperiod's & bansai mam's)

mystic

22 hours ago, Openairbud said:

@Dr feelgood  didnt you show off some amazing old specimen a while back?

I did mate, my blue satalite seed plant  pictured at ten years old.:skin_up:

large.46640DSC00821.JPG

• Like 9