Decarbing bud to make a high CBN Oil? What kind of temps?

jimineycricket

Hi there,

I would like to make a canna oil using MCT Oil.

Im aiming for a lot of CBN and a little THC in the oil.

Is there any temp and time that is favoured for getting a high rate of THC to CBN conversion in the decarb process  ?

Thanks

What @highgrower said. If you, or a friend vape weed, the AVB will be higher in CBN. Personally I use my AVB to make infused oil, or infused alcohol. There's a lot of good stuff in AVB, but it does have a more sedative effect... :) 

• Like 1

I decarb the oil after extraction and use 250F.  If I want to maximize the CBN, I decarb until there are no CO2 bubbles left. 

You don't end up with a 1:1 exchange between THC and CBN, as the same heat that decarboxylates the THC-A, also turns some of the THC to CBN, also breaks down some of the CBN into decay products and its constituents.

Edited by Graywolf
  • Like 4

On 2023-03-17 at 6:21 AM, Graywolf said:

I decarb the oil after extraction and use 250F.  If I want to maximize the CBN, I decarb until there are no CO2 bubbles left. 

You don't end up with a 1:1 exchange between THC and CBN, as the same heat that decarboxylates the THC-A, also turns some of the THC to CBN, also breaks down some of the CBN into decay products and its constituents.

finished a batch of meds last night..woke up this morning

.just right fucking stoned...:doh:..strong batch

If you get a lab hotplate, 50-100ml borosilicate glassware to heat it in and an infra red thermometer you can find out yourself your optimum. I use 10ml oil to 1g fineground dry bud. I'm currently heating to 150c then put the bud in the heated oil... it fizzes on contact... put in gradually. The temp drops down to about 120c. I hold that temp for 30 minutes. All bubbles should be gone. As for its efficacy... I wake up in the morning. I just mix that with some sunflower lecithin (tsp) and some milk, sugar then heat it up, mix and consume. It tastes pants but it works.  CBN is produced more in the higher temps like I think.

Edited by catweazle1