Growing with a perscription

JohnCleese420

I grow with a prescription, well aware that this is still illegal, but I haven't been following the news cycle and am wondering if this has been tested in court yet? Has anyone with a prescription been charged for growing under 9 plants?

I heard rumours that CPS won't bring charges if you have a prescription but these are just rumours.

Not heard of a case myself yet, but keep in mind that a lot of persi grow busts never make it to court.

• Like 2

yup i think if your are  older, an no criminal record , an a good old bloke .. mabe a slap on the wrist . i hope as long as ur not floggin ur grow :unsure:

• Like 1

I got nicked with one plant they turned it into 14 took multiple pictures of the same plant not like I am prescribed it though

Edited by UKsFinest
  • Like 1

a friend of a friend has a canna card/ script.

his door came off after his alky neighbour reported that he was selling coke and weed (he wasnt......selling coke)

he showed his card and they left, after searching his gaff and finding only a few grams of bud.

this is in scotland, law might be different dahnnnn sarf

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, anarchycamp said:

Its 7 plants now, sneaky sneaky!

I don't think it's so much the amount of plants ok if you have a house full but if your just growing in a room with let's say 20 plants and you have no sign of wealth you could blag it all there males smoke a lot etc but if them said 20 plants and they find a load of money gold nice car holidays and your on the dole then your fucked but there's a big difference in them 2 situations you might as well grow as much as you need or as much as the space allows as long as your not dealing and the best of it is doesn't matter about the size of plant as soon as the seed breaks ground they class as a plant so it's bollocks so must people are breaking the 7 plant thing and not realising it 

Edited by Baron von greenback
  • Like 3

Remember, you're doing nothing wrong.  Growing your own medicine can never ever be a real crime, despite what our warped legal system and media might have you believe.  Just do what you need to do.  You'd cycle on the pavement to avoid a truck I'd guess.  Similar level of law breaking.  Be well and enjoy your fruits 

• Like 16

On 13/03/2023 at 7:21 AM, Clean Green said:

Remember, you're doing nothing wrong.  Growing your own medicine can never ever be a real crime, despite what our warped legal system and media might have you believe.  Just do what you need to do.  You'd cycle on the pavement to avoid a truck I'd guess.  Similar level of law breaking.  Be well and enjoy your fruits 

I like your thinking but Im afraid you are very, very wrong in uk legal terms anyway - if you have a script, that can possibly be used as mitigation in court should you get caught with a small amount of weed but cultivation is a different matter. A prescription would allow you to purchase Medical cannabis from a legal supplier and I would imagine you would need to keep it in its supplied container. plus medical weed is way

Look at it this way,  say you have a script off your GP for morphine, do you think the courts will let you off making your own in the garage just coz you have a prescription.:nono:

heres the sentencing guidelines that the judges follow https://www.sentencingcouncil.org.uk/offences/magistrates-court/item/production-of-a-controlled-drug-cultivation-of-cannabis-plant-2/

strange that weed is a class B drug but the range of sentencing is slightly less

Cultivation of cannabis plant
Maximum: 14 years’ custody
Offence range: Band A fine – 8 years’ custody

Class B
Maximum: 14 years’ custody and/ or unlimited fine
Offence range: Band B fine – 10 years’ custody 

Edited by RUFUS HOUND
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, RUFUS HOUND said:

do you think the courts will let you off

I don't think Clean Green is suggesting you'd be let off, it's more that the law is immoral. It used to be illegal to be homosexual I believe! 

Most of us know the difference between right and wrong I'd like to think and I certainly can't see anything wrong with growing a plant (or 100 if you so wish) :stoned:

• Like 11

I meant 'real' as in genuine.  Growing plants that evolved on earth over milenia and have been used as medicine, material and food for many thousands of years can never be a genuine crime.  The genuine crime is persecuting those who choose to manage their own health and wellbeing using natural materials in a private way that impacts no one else at all.  Yes it's a 'crime' according to our legal system, however our legal system is a construct imposed upon us, whereas herb is real and really is used to lessen pain and manage many ailments and illnesses. To deny people this choice is plainly wrong.  It's simple to me, live by your morals as many of those who purport to be our 'leaders' don't appear to have many, and some of our constructed laws  are not morally acceptable.  

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Clean Green said:

I meant 'real' as in genuine.  Growing plants that evolved on earth over milenia and have been used as medicine, material and food for many thousands of years can never be a genuine crime.  The genuine crime is persecuting those who choose to manage their own health and wellbeing using natural materials in a private way that impacts no one else at all.  Yes it's a 'crime' according to our legal system, however our legal system is a construct imposed upon us, whereas herb is real and really is used to lessen pain and manage many ailments and illnesses. To deny people this choice is plainly wrong.  It's simple to me, live by your morals as many of those who purport to be our 'leaders' don't appear to have many, and some of our constructed laws  are not morally acceptable.  

I dont disagree but unfortunately Im a realist, what is "right" in one man's eyes, is illegal in others and they make the laws. 

I just wanted to highlight the risk to the OP rather than dream of a utopian uk, which will never happen while the right wing tories are in charge.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, RUFUS HOUND said:

I just wanted to highlight the risk to the OP 

Couldn't agree more and a good shout.

Life is full of risk assessing and every one of us is in a unique situation.  Guerilla growing for percy only and an off site stash help reduce the worry and is a good healthy and fun thing too if you're physically able to.  Break the law as gently as possible, for many of us having plants at home or in the garden doesn't fit with circumstances, so everything off site other than a usual small personal amount onsite keeps those twitchy bum feelings at bay :yep:

• Like 3

On 12/03/2023 at 0:16 PM, JohnCleese420 said:

I grow with a prescription, well aware that this is still illegal, but I haven't been following the news cycle and am wondering if this has been tested in court yet? Has anyone with a prescription been charged for growing under 9 plants?

I heard rumours that CPS won't bring charges if you have a prescription but these are just rumours.

Same. I hope I don't get to set case precedence but I would be prepared to if I got rumbled.

I have a few good reasons:

Costs - cost of living means I can't afford my monthly script, not available on NHS

Quality - CBPM isn't always as effective as it could be and suffers from delays in supply chain

Consistency - my clinic/pharmacy can't seem to keep the same medicines in stock so I can't keep the treatment plan in place

Pathology - the stress of trying to keep on top of the CBPM situation causes unnecessary stress, exacerbating medial conditions that the CBPM is supposed to treat

Therapy - this is an aspect of my life I have total control of. It gives me a sense of responsibility and purpose. I might wake up feeling low but there's always the ladies to check on...

• Like 4

I decided to grow because my money was ending up in the Balkans and that Peanut-head Putin took a big Russian shit on supply chains for everyone so we need to keep money in our own country, its called protectionism- innit your honour?? :bangin:

• Like 2