Diluent for shatter E juice

Blue7733

Hi, I’m interested in anyone’s advice and experience with making  ejuice from shatter/qwiso. I’ve experimented with different tanks, batteries and have found ccell tanks work well with variable voltage 510 batteries. What I’m not sure about is what to mix with, I’ve previously used wax liqudizer but am now using terpene product called liqudi fire, no pg, vg and flavourless bought from terpenes uk. It works well, gives good vapour and I’ve only had a problem with one tank, my problem is wanting to add flavoured terpenes. The ones I’ve bought and tried are really disappointing, not the flavours I would expect and have ruined a couple of mls of oil. These were also from terpenes uk, has anyone found better terpenes for flavour or a better Diluent. I’d appreciate any help and advice anyone has on this subject.

Decarboxylating the oil and adding back terpenes is how we thin our oil enough to flow in a cart.

I use terpenes from https://extractconsultants.com/ , as their source is Lebermuth, a major and trusted supplier here in the US.  Not all of the terpene suppliers are to be trusted................

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Graywolf said:

Decarboxylating the oil and adding back terpenes is how we thin our oil enough to flow in a cart.

I use terpenes from https://extractconsultants.com/ , as their source is Lebermuth, a major and trusted supplier here in the US.  Not all of the terpene suppliers are to be trusted................

Hi Graywolf, thanks for you input and advice, it’s appreciated from someone with your experience. I’ve read lots of your posts and website articles, I’ve learned a lot. My oil is decarbed, after evaporating down using a still and then magnetic stirring hot plate, I purge the end result using the hot plate until almost all the small bubbles have dispersed. So like you said I only need to dilute it a little and add flavour. I don’t suppose I can order from the site you recommended from the Uk, do you have any other recommendations available from the Uk. I’ve got lots of samples from terpenes uk but none have really hit the spot flavour wise, the liqui fire terpene based dilutant does work well for clouds and not separating. Just trying to find the perfect combination.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Blue7733 said:

Hi Graywolf, thanks for you input and advice, it’s appreciated from someone with your experience. I’ve read lots of your posts and website articles, I’ve learned a lot. My oil is decarbed, after evaporating down using a still and then magnetic stirring hot plate, I purge the end result using the hot plate until almost all the small bubbles have dispersed. So like you said I only need to dilute it a little and add flavour. I don’t suppose I can order from the site you recommended from the Uk, do you have any other recommendations available from the Uk. I’ve got lots of samples from terpenes uk but none have really hit the spot flavour wise, the liqui fire terpene based dilutant does work well for clouds and not separating. Just trying to find the perfect combination.

Sorry, I'm not conversant on UK sources, but imagine EC would ship anywhere at cost, whatever that might be.    

• Like 1

On 11/03/2023 at 10:34 AM, Graywolf said:

Sorry, I'm not conversant on UK sources, but imagine EC would ship anywhere at cost, whatever that might be.    

Can I ask if you’ve had any experience with Cali terpenes, these are available in the Uk. Appreciate your feedback.

15 hours ago, Blue7733 said:

Can I ask if you’ve had any experience with Cali terpenes, these are available in the Uk. Appreciate your feedback.

Sorry, no experience with Cali Terpenes.  

• 1 month later...
On 14/03/2023 at 10:36 AM, Graywolf said:

Sorry, no experience with Cali Terpenes.  

I thought I’d try and bump this thread again as I’m looking to make another batch of ejuice from my qwet concentrate and I’m still struggling with the best liquidizer/ Diluent and flavouring/terpenes to use. Any advice or experience anyone can share would be appreciated.

On 5/13/2023 at 0:37 PM, Blue7733 said:

I thought I’d try and bump this thread again as I’m looking to make another batch of ejuice from my qwet concentrate and I’m still struggling with the best liquidizer/ Diluent and flavouring/terpenes to use. Any advice or experience anyone can share would be appreciated.

Decarboxylated QWET may have a low enough viscosity to work in a cart.  If you decarboxylate in situ, you can hold on to more of the natural terpenes.  

https://graywolfslair.com/index.php/10-the-alchemist-resource/10-1-decarboxylation/10-1-2-decarboxylating-ethanol-tinctures-in-situ/

6 hours ago, Graywolf said:

Decarboxylated QWET may have a low enough viscosity to work in a cart.  If you decarboxylate in situ, you can hold on to more of the natural terpenes.  

https://graywolfslair.com/index.php/10-the-alchemist-resource/10-1-decarboxylation/10-1-2-decarboxylating-ethanol-tinctures-in-situ/

Thanks for your response and advice as always. I’ve read the article and I understand the Co2 bubbles theory, but I’m confused about the 150f for 3 days….am I just been thick lol, it’s been a long day….

1 hour ago, Blue7733 said:

Thanks for your response and advice as always. I’ve read the article and I understand the Co2 bubbles theory, but I’m confused about the 150f for 3 days….am I just been thick lol, it’s been a long day….

Someone also mentioned using CBD crumble/crystals to mix with it. Adding CBD and flavour….not sure if that would work 

If you have a good starting product you don’t need to add terps or other stuff , people do it to hide the sub par shwag they punt 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Blue7733 said:

What part is confusing?  Decarboxylating insitu is simply a closed process to save terpenes.

Here is how to decarboxylate in an open container if you aren't concerned about the terpenes:  https://graywolfslair.com/index.php/10-the-alchemist-resource/10-1-decarboxylation/10-1-4-decarboxylation-101/

Edited by Graywolf

20 hours ago, Arthur Mix said:

If you have a good starting product you don’t need to add terps or other stuff , people do it to hide the sub par shwag they punt 

Hi, thanks for your reply. I’m making purely for myself and the starting product is made from clean trim, mostly sugar leaves, so not bud quality. So after purging etc the terpenes left are limited I’m sure. I’m looking to add some flavour back and also dilute a very little for use in vape cartridges. I wouldn’t trust anything you can buy pre-filled in the Uk.