Staggered harvest

hungrybox

Anyone have much experience of doing a staggered harvest? I've never done it before but I have a plant that has quite a lot light green underdeveloped bud on it, and I thought that I cud take top buds off and leave bottom half another week. Is it worth it, do the buds actually mature in that extra week? Also, if I remove top buds with a bit of stem, do I have to be more careful to stop it drying too fast? I usually harvest whole plant, or at least take of big sections of it so no experience of drying smaller stems or branches

Alright there @hungrybox:skin_up:

In my experience it is better to harvest the whole plant all at once, that said if there is a fair amount of underdeveloped bud on the lowers it could be worth taking the upper more ripe buds first and leaving the lower to finish.

Tho the plant might be in shock for a bit once you start chopping it about, making it almost pointless.

What I(try to) do is remove all the lower bits, anything that ain’t gonna make the canopy two to three weeks after flip once the stretch is done ish, then all I have is ripe buds and no fluff.

Take it easy. Jj:yinyang:

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Jibba jabba said:

What I(try to) do is remove all the lower bits, anything that ain’t gonna make the canopy two to three weeks after flip once the stretch is done ish, then all I have is ripe buds and no fluff.

same

mystic

• Like 2

Jusy my 2c, but I wouldn't waste your time on popcorn buds, as I wouldn't expect them to amount to anything of substance.

I'd take the lot down, and invest the time in your next run.  On that next run, try to observe how low down the buds didn't really grow and you'll know roughly the light penetration of your canop.  Look at removing anything beneath this once your plants have finished the strretch and you should get better bud structure.

• Like 1