Looking for a nice Wedding Cake

Trashedagain77

As the title says but hoping to avoid hermie prone ones. I've seen Original Sensible Seeds do one and Seed Stockers so I'd like to hear from anyone who has grown these out plus any other recommendations. Ta very much folks. Peace. 

• 3 weeks later...

Got a seed junky wedding cake mum I’ve kept can’t fault the pack I grew out for sure.even tho few folk have mentioned seed junky stuff Hermie but I’ve no problems with there genetics.

• Like 1

Barneys Farm Wedding Cake has some great phenos, my mate has been growing it commercially for a year now, strong stuff, smells and tastes very strong too, the start of the high is a little uppy but settles into a nice relaxing stoned feeling.

It's what I have on back up once I get through my final nug of Cheese x Blue Digiberry.

I can upload a dried and cured Bud shot later tonight, i don't want to open the jar in the daytime because it pongs my whole yard lol

Edited by Military Grade
  • Like 5

Surfr seeds could be a good bet mate, they use a Triangle Mints F2 Male, crossed to a lot of Hype US clones. So basically a Wedding cake (ish) Dad. 

Some really nice selections.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Military Grade said:

It's what I have on back up once I get through my final nug of Cheese x Blue Digiberry.

Did you  keep a cut of the Cheese X Blue Digiberry mate?

As I know you like it a lotlol

• Like 2

I had to take my wedding cake down last night, it was only 3 weeks in flower....hermie shiite!

It was a freebie from seedbank so I don't know who the breeder was but luckily I was keeping an eye out as I've heard how shit they are for hermies (wedding cake in general). Never again :thumbdown:

• Like 3

Could have be worse, I caught it early enough not to do any damage I hope. 

Her internode spaces were massive, is that normal of WC?

• Like 1

I wa sreally looking forward to seeing what mine turned out like (seeds are always interesting) but alas it wasn't to be. It's certainly nothing like that though, that looks tight.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mr rhino said:

Did you  keep a cut of the Cheese X Blue Digiberry mate?

As I know you like it a lotlol

I did initially and put them in the fridge but I don't have means to keep mums/clones, and at the same time my mate was doing a full rebuild of his grow operation so he couldn't take them for me, i ended up having to bin them after a couple of months.

Upside I got plenty of Seeds and a couple of other phenos I would like to try.

When I eventually upgrade my light I do plan to get a tiny tent and put my current light in there for mum's and clones, I do like the mystery of popping Seeds tho so far I've never grown the same strain twice, so many in the fridge I want to try, but I definitely have a couple I want to revisit one day.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KC said:

I was keeping an eye out as I've heard how shit they are for hermies (wedding cake in general). Never again :thumbdown:

That's strange, my mate has pheno hunted twice(either side of grow rebuild) with over 30 Seeds total and not a single hermi.

• Like 2

@Military Grade 

omg I can tag lol 

So I basically need to try Barneys version. Maybe I can kill two rumours then, I've never done Barneys before, as you've probably noticed they have a rep. 

Fuck it, I'll get some, nice one man :yep:

• Like 2

I grew the proper Jbeezy cut of Wedding Cake out and she had a lot of space between nodes and not one hint of pepper. She tasted creamy, cakey kush to me, which was nice to have a strain name that actually matched the flavour for once. She was lacking potency and frost but I didn’t realise at the time she was infected with hop latent (fuck you ET) so never see her full potential and got rid on the next round. I’ve seen others examples of the cut and she is a frosty potent bitch if she hasn’t got the aids lol Ice Cream Cake (WC x Gelato) on the other hand was a proper short compact bushy little thing! 

I hope you find what your looking for!

• Like 3

Just as I posted that I remembered my mate run some Wedding Mints seeds by Sin City and holy shit did he find a nice keeper, probably in my top 5 smokes of the last 5 years, was a few years back so not sure if you can still get them, if I remember rightly he had to get them shipped over. Good luck with the hunt

• Like 3