Growing in this Aldi Greenhouse? Wondering if it blocks too much light?

jimineycricket

Hello,

I picked up this Greenhouse in Aldi yesterday. My thinking was I might grow a few things in it that are smelly Basil , Lavender etc and also a small Cannabis plant in a Fabric Pot.

Also I figured with this Greenhouse I could up the temps and stop rain from overwatering the plant.

First time taking a shot at growing outside in UK weather.

So do you think this would be suitable?

My first concern is that the Plastic cover is not that clear and I'm wondering if it'll block the light?

Maybe Id be better off just growing outside under the Sun instead? I could also just leave the door open as in pic so it serves as a rain cover if nothing else.

large.WU3422DomeGreenhouse_0001_PCM262183-1024x731.jpglarge.20230306_104237.jpg

• Like 1

You can always bring them out on sunny days and in the greenhouse on not so sunny days 

That will be fine to grow in but will have to keep a good lookout for mould towards the end

Will be fine mate :yep:       Just be mindful to get as much airflow as poss in the flower stage ,  get them out as much as poss :yep:

Smell will be an amplified factor in there once in full flower ,  as much air flow as poss ,  watch out for condensation dripping onto flowers and keep the plants from rubbing up against the damp internal walls.    

Good luck with t , get a diary going mate.    All the best with it.   

What you filling the tent with ??    

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, jimineycricket said:

Maybe Id be better off just growing outside under the Sun instead? I could also just leave the door open as in pic so it serves as a rain cover if nothing else.

Yeah probably this TBF. 

A greenhouse of that size will have quite dramatic swings in temperature and humidity and if left closed will become a breeding ground for bud rot, also on a hot day it may well exceed optimal temperatures.

There's a lot of strains available that don't need any protection at all to thrive so personally I'd recommend getting some really hardy genetics and growing out in the open. What it will be handy for is as a shelter from the rain on the really wet days, like you say leave the door open to allow as much ventilation as possible. 

Good luck with the season however you decide to proceed. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, OldFord said:

Will be fine mate :yep:       Just be mindful to get as much airflow as poss in the flower stage ,  get them out as much as poss :yep:

Smell will be an amplified factor in there once in full flower ,  as much air flow as poss ,  watch out for condensation dripping onto flowers and keep the plants from rubbing up against the damp internal walls.    

Good luck with t , get a diary going mate.    All the best with it.   

What you filling the tent with ??    

I was thinking Basil , Lavender and a 1:1 Cbd to THC Autoflower , like sweet seeds CBD Nurse Auto maybe

Lavenders a good one for sure. 

I'd recommend you do more than one plant, just so you've have a back up if things go wrong. 

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 1

I tried one of these for growing in a year or two ago.

A green one, bought in aldis. 

Like oldford and MindSoup said, a breeding ground for bud rot and mould.

Ventilation is paramount in a greenhouse grow.

I just use it now for the first couple of weeks when the plants are just starting off, harding them up, then outside only after that.

As said, good strong strains is half the battle 

• Like 2