getting the most from 2x1x2m tent

Lovethegreen

hello everyone, been a good few years since I was last on here but now I finally have suitable space again. I previously used a 1.2x1.2x2.0m tent doing 9 per sqm in 6.5ltr pots under 1 x 600w hps. I have been given a 2x1x2m tent to start off again with. I've searched online and not found much on these size set ups. I was wondering if it would be possible to run 2 x 1000w hps in this space, also what would others go with set up wise to get the most from this space? So many options and new products since I last grew it is baffling lol plant wise I'm torn between 9 per sqm or 4 larger ones per sqm. Feels like I am re-learning it all again, think it is time for a fat one to help me along. I've really missed it buzzing to be getting back going again!! Thanks for reading and I hope you all have a great weekend.

• Like 1

Hello mate and welcome back :) Exciting times for you :D I'm in the middle of my first indoor grow, in a 1.2 x 2.4, so 2.88 sq meter. You're obviously in a 2 sq meter tent; a bit less space than mine. I'm using two PAR+ 480 LEDs, so not quite 1000w all up. I have absolutely no idea how to compare HPS to LED, so can't help you there, I'm sorry. You wouldn't need anything like 2x1000w LED light in that space; not sure about HPS, sorry

As for the number of plants, I've discovered I like watering the 2L pots a lot less (but a lot more often) than I like watering the 10L pots lollollol I'm thinking next run, only 8 plants in 15L maybe. I've got about 115l of compost in there right now, spread between 13 pots (there's 3x5L girls at one end plus 10x10L) so going down to 8 pots I'm estimating about a 14/15L pot size. 

Good luck when beans start popping :yep: 

I put 12 in my 1-2x2.4 space - 2 rows of 6, could fit 18 but makes it hard to get at them, 2 deep is perfect imo. Think I’d put 10 in a 2m x 1m

E2a obviously depends on grow style, I like to let them grow pretty much naturally then stake them towards the end.

Edited by Barry blunt
  • Like 1

2 600's would cover that. The higher number of plants in smaller pots will mean less veg time. With these electric prices that's got to mean something. 

• Like 1

On 03/03/2023 at 7:54 PM, Gaijin said:

Hello mate and welcome back :) Exciting times for you :D I'm in the middle of my first indoor grow, in a 1.2 x 2.4, so 2.88 sq meter. You're obviously in a 2 sq meter tent; a bit less space than mine. I'm using two PAR+ 480 LEDs, so not quite 1000w all up. I have absolutely no idea how to compare HPS to LED, so can't help you there, I'm sorry. You wouldn't need anything like 2x1000w LED light in that space; not sure about HPS, sorry

As for the number of plants, I've discovered I like watering the 2L pots a lot less (but a lot more often) than I like watering the 10L pots lollollol I'm thinking next run, only 8 plants in 15L maybe. I've got about 115l of compost in there right now, spread between 13 pots (there's 3x5L girls at one end plus 10x10L) so going down to 8 pots I'm estimating about a 14/15L pot size. 

Good luck when beans start popping :yep: 

Good set up, my first indoor grow was 1 light in my bedroom cupboard lol. I was thinking 8 plants in bigger pots but leaning more towards 9 per sqm in smaller pots shorter veg time get that smoke quicker

• Like 1

On 03/03/2023 at 8:50 PM, Barry blunt said:

I put 12 in my 1-2x2.4 space - 2 rows of 6, could fit 18 but makes it hard to get at them, 2 deep is perfect imo. Think I’d put 10 in a 2m x 1m

E2a obviously depends on grow style, I like to let them grow pretty much naturally then stake them towards the end.

Yeah I get what you mean, reaching them back plants can be a ballache

On 03/03/2023 at 9:26 PM, KC said:

2 600's would cover that. The higher number of plants in smaller pots will mean less veg time. With these electric prices that's got to mean something. 

Good point, in my excitement to get going again I'd not considered electric lol