Auto got a banana

Spud2022

I am growing 3 plants from seed - 2 Seedsman White Widow and a Paradise Seeds Auto White Berry (wanted an early harvest). Plants are at 40 days and today noticed a banana right at the top of the auto. Also a fair bit of browning on the Pistils all over plant but no other bananas so far.

Growing in all-mix, fabric pots, 100w LED, light feeding with biobizz grow and bloom. Top of Auto 15 inches from light. Temps at floor 21 - 23 and fan on canopy. Humidity 45 - 55. Environment is stable. Lights switched to 12/12 5 days ago.

I only have a couple of grows experience and not sure what to do with it. I plucked the Nanna and have the plant out the tent. Should I just bin it? I don't want to risk fecking up the WW's.

large.20230303_153642.jpg

large.20230303_170040.jpg

6 minutes ago, Spud2022 said:

2 Seedsman White Widow

hiya mate any chance u could put up a couple pics of the seedsman white widow?

ive got 3 on atm, about a week away from finishing

with ur question - I think that means ur auto has hermied, [stress/genetic? who knows] but im not sure what I would do, its hard to say, but if I didn't bin/edible it straight away I'd have at least gone over it with a fine tooth comb to see if there's any more nana-balls, then I'd be watching it like a hawk from here on in..

mystic

Thanks for the reply mystic...not sure what to do with it.

Here's the WW's - left was topped, right was fim'd. Need to keep them short and didn't veg for long. Really just a beginner and learning as I go.

large.20230303_180729.jpg

2 hours ago, Spud2022 said:

Here's the WW's - left was topped, right was fim'd. Need to keep them short and didn't veg for long. Really just a beginner and learning as I go.

I thought bananas were caused by heat stress and weren't anything to worry about I know not ideal but not killing plant bad can someone explain guess I am way of the mark cheers guys

It's back in tent for now and will keep a close eye on it. Its not showing any signs of heat stress. Could the all-mix be a bit to much for an auto?

Not too bothered if there's a few seeds in the buds but don't want it to do any damage to the WW's. Read different advice on what to do....

I've had the same with one of my autos I've just plucked the nanas and continuing to watch I figure re it be a learning experience I've never grown a seeded plant to harvest

15 hours ago, Spud2022 said:

they look healthy

mystic

If you ain't got space to run it alone and really don't want to risk it then culling is your best option.

Nobody ever wants to chop a plant but it's a necessary evil, especially as it looks so early in flower 

picking out a few seeds is better than having no weed, I would let it continue unless the manas get ridiculous, just my opinion 

Had Ww auto herm on me,am not surprised it's crap genetics not you.

Ditch autos for photos next grow,you can throw hermi away and veg few photos next to flowering auto,should cut few weeks to  your next harvest.

Perfectly grown but waste of time,had few grow and few hermed at start of flower

Ww auto

gallery_24254_11600_238731.jpg

gallery_24254_11600_83093.jpg

Edited by Herbal Kint
  • Like 1
On 3-3-2023 at 6:44 PM, Spud2022 said:

I am growing 3 plants from seed - 2 Seedsman White Widow and a Paradise Seeds Auto White Berry (wanted an early harvest). Plants are at 40 days and today noticed a banana right at the top of the auto. Also a fair bit of browning on the Pistils all over plant but no other bananas so far.

Growing in all-mix, fabric pots, 100w LED, light feeding with biobizz grow and bloom. Top of Auto 15 inches from light. Temps at floor 21 - 23 and fan on canopy. Humidity 45 - 55. Environment is stable. Lights switched to 12/12 5 days ago.

I only have a couple of grows experience and not sure what to do with it. I plucked the Nanna and have the plant out the tent. Should I just bin it? I don't want to risk fecking up the WW's.

just take off the banana...

before you do...spay with water....water kills pollen...just in case it opens....

no worries mate....just look for bananas every day.....and you wont get seeds.... :)

no early harvest nessesary :)

Edited by DutchFox

This auto now called 'hokey cokey' as its been in out in out the tent so much. It's back in but will keep a close eye on it. Only one banana so far!

As long as it doesn't bother the 2 photos in the tent with it...they're just about to come into flower.

Thanks for the replies 

24 minutes ago, Spud2022 said:

the replies 

here's my seedsman white widow at 7 weeks flower

large.6925F39D-BB01-4300-88AA-607096B13340.jpeglarge.4836368A-A91E-4485-B715-8DE75C677D56.jpeglarge.F673CF31-2728-4D4C-97EB-82F110E6E112.jpeg

bit of a calcium issue with number 2, so I won't be keeping the copy I have backed up in the veg tent

im liking number 1 & 3

mystic

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Spud2022 said:

'hokey cokey'

Haha! Nice one Spud.

I'm with the "stick with it" crew on this one too.

Especially today as I sit here toking and vaping a bit of an auto I did out on my balcony last year that partially hermied. (Seedsman Purple Haze Auto freebies.)

It produced a couple of hermie male flowers that I picked off from lower nodes well after it was into flower.

"She" was a bit of a freak all round that plant. She was also fasciated. (Flattened stems, zero, one and six branch nodes, no fasciated buds though.)

I've picked out a few seeds but in no way do I feel I'm smoking duff weed here. It's a nice bit of smoke. A nice new flavour on me.

I look forward to growing the rest of the pack it came from and the seeds it produced.

I've done a germination test with one of the seeds and have it going into flowering now on my windowsill. No ball sacks or bananas yet. Silly little winter windowsill bonsai autos FTW :-)

A couple or so years ago we had a White Widow auto (again Seedsman!) that hermied in a boiling hot greenhouse and it produced seeds. I've been growing them now for the last couple of years indoors and out and they've all been a very nice consistent phenotype and all female.

I understand that a good few people would advise ditching anything that shows such tendencies and I'm just offering my experience. Not advice.

Don't try this at home kids.

YMMV.

Have fun :-)

• Like 1

I suggest just running her til shes done,   i  fear messing with her now will drastically effect end results.     

Pick anything off,   if you end up with a few free beans ,  it aint the end of the world  .... and chuck them in the Outdoor Wild Card Weed :yep:  lol    

• Like 4