Sending video from Android tablet by email, can you?

Head Rose'n'Tail

Or use a video compressor app like video panda to make it a suitable size, might effect the quality of the video though. 

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, MindSoup said:

Pretty sure if the files too big then you can make it into .zip.or .rar on android itself and then email that.

:geek:

For interest and work avoidance sakes I've just zipped an mp4 and it's no smaller. Video encoding is already compressed in most cases.

Top line is the zip of the file below it. No meaningful gain.

.rw-r--r--@ 35M me 23 Feb 10:34 isitsmaller.zip
.rw-r--r--@ 35M me 23 Feb 10.33 Tom Waits - In the Neighbourhood [3IsP0oyE7aY].mp4

I think twigs solution least faff myself. If android will play nice (dunno) :hippy: (ETA - usb cable)

Edited by j.o.i.n.t
  • Like 2

Oh right, well there you go lol. I didn't realise it was a case of getting files from the phone to the pc. I thought he was trying to send them to someone :headpain:.

• Like 2

Just now, MindSoup said:

I thought he was trying to send them to someone :headpain:.

So did I hence my suggestion.

If it's to send to a local machine why not bluetooth or wifi?

Need a long usb cable otherwise :-)

• Like 3

@WW and @MS

I am, I'm trying to send video files by email from Android without using any 'outside forces' :crybaby:lol:crybaby: an impossible task it appears! 

Only options I'm seeing is use an app, a drive, a box or a fuckin cloud. It sucks!

Will try and source a laptop. Has much changed since Xp? This could be fun! lol

5 minutes ago, Head Rose'n'Tail said:

I am, I'm trying to send video files by email from Android without using any 'outside forces' :crybaby:lol:crybaby: an impossible task it appears! 

Impossible if your video file exceeds the file size limit.

I remember when you needed 'outside forces' just to zip/ unzip files on Windows.

What's wrong with using online storage?

You can do it easily and freely.

My One Drive (I hardly ever use it) was a doddle to set up as I use Microsoft for my emails.

Google have Google Drive that my old technophobe mum uses with her Gmail account.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Head Rose'n'Tail said:

Has much changed since Xp?

Yeah, windows, along with your phone, is now primary designed to track your usage and sell it on - the bit you use is just the bait.

• Like 1

Cheers everyone :yep:

Gonna grab a lappy and try what @twigs said, it should be able to be done locally surely? 

Does progress have to be so difficult? lollol

• Like 1